It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2004, 12:01 AM   #1

aLL_EyEz_oN_mE HB User
too skinny

My whole life I've been skinny. I'm 17 5'4 and I only weigh 98lbs. All I do all day is eat. Once I wake up and start eating I can't stop. Even if I'm so full I feel like I'm going to burst I'm still hungry and I have to keep shoving food in my face or I go crazy. People always ask me if I'm anorexic and it's so aggravating. My arms and legs are so skinny, the only place I ever notice getting fatter is my stomach but thats probably just cuz there's food in it because in the morning it shrinks. I don't understand how I'm so skinny. All the food that goes into me is crap. All I eat all day is pizza, pasta, and fastfood. Does anyone know how I can gain weight? Some kid told me that if I only ate twice a day instead of every second that I would gain weight because my body would learn to store fat. That's not true is it? If I only ate twice a day I would shrivel up and blow away! I would do anything to gain 10lbs before school starts! Please someone help me!

Old 07-16-2004, 07:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: too skinny

If you can't gain any weight you might want to get your thyroid tested, this could be the cause.

As far as gaining weight, eat foods loaded with carbohydrates (pasta, breads, rice) and eat plenty of proteins. You can get weight gain products from health food stores, they are usually pretty high in proteins and weight lifters use them alot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2004, 10:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CheerAngel HB User

Hi there, I can totally relate to you. I've been thin since young and regardless of eating and eating, I just can't seem to put on weight. I'm always underweight. I think you are too right? There might be some products on the market, it's like some drinks that u mix powder and water together. I haven't tried any sort of things like that though. But I also heard that maybe you could try exercise to build up muscles so you won't look so skinny. Don't try the eating twice a day thing. Don't think it's safe. Sounds more like a diet to me. Btw, you keep eating because you wanna put on weight or because you are hungry? If you keep feeling hungry after you had a meal, that's maybe you have a high metabolism rate. Take 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals a day. As you are doing your best to put on weight, please don't eat too full until you feel that your tummy is gonna burst, cause' it's actually very bad for the health in the long run. When I was young, I was asked to drink milk(not those low-fat though) to help put on weight, but it isn't really effective for me. Am still underweight. Good luck to you! Let me know how you are doing!!!

Old 07-16-2004, 11:22 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

We are human and built different shapes and sizes. Your metabolism is probably fast like mine. There are many girls your age that would die to have your weight. Keep eating the way you do and maybe you could check into a health food store where you can seek vitiamins. What has your doctor stated?

Closed Thread