It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #1

Sickandhatingit HB User
Getting to a Dr. Without Insurance

Hello everyone as you can tell i'm new to this board. I live in Arlington, Texas and i need to go to a doctor thing of it is I don't have insurance. Anyone know how i go about getting to a dr. without insurance and little money and not having to sell my soul?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2004, 12:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User
Re: Getting to a Dr. Without Insurance

Well, I sympathise as I'm right there with you baby...without student loans I would have possibly got stage one CIN cervical cancer. But, I had to use savings bonds and student loans to pay my hospitol bills. The surgery had to be done--I had mild dysplasia but no cancer.....yet. The Dr was worried it would turn into that. The thing of it is you have to always ask ?'s and be up front and ask for a payment PLAN--they do have those, but be aware that if you Do schedule surgery, now they don't do it unless you can pay up front--I had to pay "half" of my "bill" upfront and they did not know how much my bill was even going to be....Unless you go to a charity hospitol (ours aren't too great out here from my experience) you will have to come up w/ the cash right off the bat. Not all of it but most. FOr me it was half and that meant giving them three GRAND right then and there....it was almost impossible and it drained my entire savings but I was able to write them a check, since for some odd reason their machine didn't accept my card. Altogether my surgery's been like six grand and that's including all my prescriptions, which you should save by the way b/c you can get some taxes back on them, at least I hear. Good luck and do let us know how it turns out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2004, 03:17 PM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Some communities do have clinics...You have to just check with the local people or phone listing to see what may be available for benefits.

Old 07-19-2004, 05:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Yes, go to "Mission Arlington" downtown on 210 W. South Street. Mission Arlington is sponsored by many churches and doctors volunteer their time to see patients after being approved thru a screening process. Tillie Burgin is in charge of Mission Arlington.

Old 07-19-2004, 05:37 PM   #5

Sickandhatingit HB User

thank you so much. i have an appointment monday at the agape clinic but i can't wait that long. i'm in too much pain. And i've been sick since friday and i'm just not getting better.

Old 07-19-2004, 09:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

If you can't wait until Monday, go to the ER at Arlington Memorial Hospital. Don't think they would turn you away for not being able to pay.

Peter Smith Hospital in Ft. Worth is the county hospital that taxpayers support. they take walkins, but, you wait for many, many, many hours before being called. I took a lady there one day, left Arlington at 10:00 a.m. and she was finally seen at about 9:00 p.m.

Is the agape clinic the same as the Mission Arlington clinic?

Old 07-29-2004, 09:54 AM   #7

Sickandhatingit HB User

no it's not it's up cooper off of mitchell down by uta. You have to pay but the place is so rundown. Interestingly enough i never made it to the dr. Which stinks. I am feeling tons better now but suddenly this morning i woke up with a sore throat. So i have to go digging for my social security card so i can get to Mission Arlington to see a dr.

Closed Thread