I hope someone can help me. My mother is very ill and no one seems to be able to diagnose what is wrong with her. We suspect it might be silent migrains, but we are not sure. Every time she eats certain foods the following things occur:
1. blurred vision (unable to read)
2. flashing lights in eyes (sometimes one eye, sometimes both) She takes lasix during this time and it takes 20 minutes for her to regain vision.
3. body starts fighting internal agitation
4. heartbeat changes
5. blood pressure rises
6. kidneys malfunctiion (she has to drink 8-10 glasses of water to return regular function
7. severe pain near rib cage
8. becomes extremely weak (sometimes this lasts 8 to 10 weeks)
9. pressure on neck similar to choking
10. has to remain standing for sitting makes it worse
11. unable to eat (weight loss occurs, usually a loss of 18-23 pounds)
12. when attack is over able to slowly resume regular eating (starting with Jell-O, progressing to bread and meat and lots of mints
so far her physician has run an MRI, EEG, EKG, and thyroid test. Although thyroid test proved hypothyroidism, nothing else has emerged. She is currently having blood and urine chemistry tests run on her. Unknown results at this time. If anyone knows what might be wrong, I'm all ears.