It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 03:00 PM   #1

mspatsy36 HB User
Global Annesia

My friend had what the doctors call a Global Annesia, this happen to her a week ago and she said it is very scary.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

She lost her short term memory for almost 10 hours. Then it came back while she was in the hospital and she didn't know where she was. We were at a meeting and when it was over I asked her what she thought of it, and she said what meeting, then preceeded to ask what day it was and the date. I knew right then something was wrong. She did say she felt strange in the head and said she better not drive. After that she didn't know anyone even her husband, but she went willing to the hospital. We all thought she was having a stroke. At the hospital she kept asking the same thing over and over.

She is back to work and said she doesn't even remember the meeting and said she can't remember anything. Said she wish she could talk to someone who has had this happen to them. They call it a TGA.

Thanks

Old 07-23-2004, 10:17 AM   #2
Inactive

Kathy Miller HB User
Re: Global Annesia

I have heard of it happening related to some "statin" (cholesterol-lowering) drugs. Is she on any? If so she may want to consider stopping them.

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2004, 01:48 PM   #3

mspatsy36 HB User
Re: Global Annesia

no she isn't on any of those drugs. They talked about putting her on a cholestero-lowering drug, but she has to see her doctor first. She is on BP medicine and that is all.

Really a scary thing to see your friend acting the way she did. Just a good thing she wasn't driving when this happened.

Closed Thread