It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2004, 06:46 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User
always tired

i have to admit, my diet sucks, its been really really hot here in michigan and for the past few days i have been more tired than normal, i do also suffer from PVC's too, just wondering if anyone can relate to being tired all the time.

and not only that but for the past few weeks i have gotton less than 6-7 hours of sleep and going to bed late.

Old 07-23-2004, 04:16 PM   #2

Katt Fink HB User
Re: always tired

Although my situation is quite different than yours, I can definitely relate. My diet is awesome (organic, whole foods, strict vegetarian diet) and I work out 5 days a week. Unlike you, I need about 10 hours of sleep per night in order to just be able to wake up in the morning.. and I STILL feel like I need a nap 3 hours after waking up. I definitely empathize with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2004, 04:52 PM   #3
Inactive

Kathy Miller HB User

Perhaps the strict vegetarian diet has something to do with the fatigue. Considering for millenia our ancestors ate red meat, I think cutting it out of your diet is a huge mistake. I have a friend who was a vegetarian for 18 years and now she has been back on red meat for 2-3 years and she still suffers some of the health consequences of her years as a vegetarian.

I have yet to meet a strict vegetarian who does not have their liver out of whack somewhat. If you press on your ribcage on the right somewhat below the right breast you will almost certainly find a tenderness if you're vegetarian (near the right axillary line a couple of inches below the nipple). That tenderness is your liver crying for red meat.

Kat

Old 07-23-2004, 05:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

when i say diet, i mean i dont have one, im a junk food adict. Maybe i should could out the high salts and fast food as a start.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:27 PM   #5

Katt Fink HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Miller
Perhaps the strict vegetarian diet has something to do with the fatigue. Considering for millenia our ancestors ate red meat, I think cutting it out of your diet is a huge mistake. I have a friend who was a vegetarian for 18 years and now she has been back on red meat for 2-3 years and she still suffers some of the health consequences of her years as a vegetarian.

I have yet to meet a strict vegetarian who does not have their liver out of whack somewhat. If you press on your ribcage on the right somewhat below the right breast you will almost certainly find a tenderness if you're vegetarian (near the right axillary line a couple of inches below the nipple). That tenderness is your liver crying for red meat.

Kat
Actually, I am the ONLY vegetarian/vegan I know of who ISN'T in optimal health. I feel badly for your friend, but what evidence was provided to prove that her poor health was a direct result ONLY from her diet? I haven't found the "tenderness" in my liver, and I also have my enzymes tested periodically which always come back 100% fine. I think if my liver was missing meat that much, I'd have worse problems than fatigue to worry about.

I'd have to disagree with you, not only from my ethical point of view but also from all the scientific evidence that points to red meat being extremely detrimental to your health and that it indeed is not a necessary part of a well-balanced diet. Take the Japanese for example. They are the healthiest, longest-lived people on the planet and they rarely/never eat red meat. Not everyone's ancestors have eaten meat for thousands of years.. many entire countries are vegetarian (for ethical/spiritual or economical reasons) and have been for thousands of years. My research and reasoning leads me to believe that the key to being healthy is a well-balanced and greatly varied diet, no matter what it consists of. As long you obtain EVERYTHING you need from your diet, it really doesn't matter what type of food or supplements it comes from. If your body was that picky about the source of vitamins and minerals, humans would not have lasted very long.

I'm not trying to be defensive, and I am in no way saying you are wrong, I am just saying that I don't believe that MY health issues are due completely to my diet, as there are a lot of "strange" things I do that most people wouldn't consider healthy and would probably say they are the cause of anything wrong with me. I am also in no way trying to "force" my lifestyle and beliefs on anyone, I just wish people would stop demonizing vegetarianism just because they or someone they know had a bad experience with it. Yes, there are very unhealthy vegetarians out there who know nothing about proper nutrition and just eat white bread and pasta all day every day.. but there are also happy, healthy vegetarians and vegans out there who could run circles around meat-lovers. Everyone is healthy/unhealthy for different reasons, you know?

Old 07-23-2004, 07:32 PM   #6

Katt Fink HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugokid
when i say diet, i mean i dont have one, im a junk food adict. Maybe i should could out the high salts and fast food as a start.
I think that would be a great start, lol. My advice is to do it slowly but surely, as making drastic overnight changes to your diet and lifestyle will just burn out your willpower and you will end up right back where you started. Good luck

Old 07-24-2004, 06:10 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

i take beta blockers for my high heart rate, is it true that they can cause you to be tired for a very long period of time?

Old 07-26-2004, 04:52 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

do u think that one can be tired from doing nothing all day? I think it might be since im out of work, i have been home for quite some time now and maybe sheer lazyness can cause this. Well none the less, it could be just a thing that my Beta Blockers are causing. any opinions?

Old 07-26-2004, 05:22 PM   #9
Inactive

Mario21 HB User

i know the less i move, the more tired i am. i have been out of work for a while now, and the more i sit around, the more tired i am. normally i just play on the computer and watch tv, but then i'm sleepy. the other day, i got up and played tennis with a friend for 3 hours straight. thats pretty good for a fat smoker, haha. but i do believe that if you start working out, and moving, and eating right....you will feel better. thats my plan after my surgery tomorrow. once i recover, i start my new lifestyle, no more sitting around wasting my life.

Old 07-29-2004, 12:04 PM   #10
Inactive

Kathy Miller HB User

I just know that in my work (I do alternative health care) when I run into a vegetarian, almost always the energy flow to the liver is blocked, and even when I fix it shortly thereafter it goes out again. I also know that oftentimes the there is a tenderness associated with the liver being blocked. The liver is generally 70% out of sorts by the time lab tests show changes and your body shows symptoms. Your body has many backup systems that have to fail before you start to get symptoms. In my work generally the body will show an organ blocked when it has only lost 2-3% of function, allowing one to get the communication back online before there are symptoms.

Eating what your ancestors for generations have eaten is indeed the healthiest way for one to eat, because the body has adapted to that way of eating. It takes several generations for the body to adapt to new foods. Even countries which have been vegan for centuries have animal protein in their diets, as they wind up eating the insects that are on the foods they eat. It has been shown that when large numbers of these people have moved from their native land to areas where the food is cleaned more before eating that they begin to have a lot more health problems. There's a book "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon that gives a lot of very good nutritional information, is much better at explaining why you should eat what you should eat than I am.

The person I referred to is in the healing network that I am in. She's back on red meat and is doing a lot of healing. She knows the vegetarianism is what caused the health problems she has, but she is also on the path to health, is much healthier now than she was when she was off red meat.

Kat

Closed Thread