It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2004, 06:54 PM   #1
(male)

elty HB User
Pain/burning feeling on my tongue

2 weeks ago I have some pain at the end of tongue, but a week ago it is gone.

Now it comes back again, the pain occur near throat, at the left side. My entire tongue (actually mainly left side) has a burning feeling. I never have this occur to me before

Other discomfort I have includes random joint pain (not severe, go aways and come back randomly for a few weeks) and sore throat. Other seems to be normal. I always have sore throat for some time but when I told my doctor, he doesnt seems to care about it. I do a physical check every year and last check (half a year ago) said I am in general healthy.

Other thing: sleep about 8-9 hours a day, normal diet. no major stress on me. Eat quite a lot of chips and hot stuff past few weeks.

Any idea what is happening? I can't see doctor until Tuesday and I am feeling worse, very painful to eat

Last edited by elty; 07-23-2004 at 06:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2004, 03:33 AM   #2
(male)

janson HB User
Re: Pain/burning feeling on my tongue

Sore throat from bacterial infection always has to be treated with antibiotics (after doctor's diagnosis). If not, arthritis as one of complications can develop. Try to inspect your left tonsil; if it is red and swollen (bigger than the right one), you should go to the doctor right now because of possible bacteial tonsillitis. It could also be allergic. Raised temperature go with the first. And if you feel like the condition is developing, this reason alone is enough to have that visit promptly.

Last edited by janson; 07-24-2004 at 03:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2004, 08:10 AM   #3
(male)

elty HB User

now i have a bitter feeling on tongue and develop a fever... could this be yeast infection?

Old 07-25-2004, 08:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Yeast infections don't cause fever but bacterial infections do!!

Old 08-06-2004, 09:16 AM   #5

VroomMotorBike HB User

You may want to research Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS). This is a disorder that has been discovered few years ago and I'd bet that many doctors don't even know about it now.

Closed Thread