It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

damaged_tirips HB User
Meningitis shot

I'm going to be a college freshman living in the dorms in the Fall. Its recommended to get the meningitis shot, but its $75 at the health department. Is it still a good idea to get one?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 01:20 AM   #2
(male)

Sickman HB User
Smile Re: Meningitis shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaged_tirips
I'm going to be a college freshman living in the dorms in the Fall. Its recommended to get the meningitis shot, but its $75 at the health department. Is it still a good idea to get one?
Dear damaged_tirips,
I would get the shot but that is your decision. When living with a large group of people concerning meningitis prevention, you should never wear tight clothing, such a long johns or restrictive clothing to bed. Your body needs to breath to fend off viruses. You should also keep a window cracked at all times to keep good air circulation to prevent a virus harbor. This was a potential problem with several living in the same areas in the military. Just some suggestions to keep you safe.

Sincerely,

Sickman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread