It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2004, 09:14 PM   #1

LittleOne3 HB User
Question What could this be?

I'm new here. I am deciding if I should go to the doctor or not. For the past couple of months i've been very weak and tired. I'm always pale, and some describe me as a "walking dead girl". I have heavy bags under my eyes, and my eye lids look purpleish/discolored/brown (not how they used to look). I am often dizzy and shaky. Most of the time I have a headache. Some days I wake up and it's worse than others, but a majority of the time it's steady. Sometimes I find it hard to catch my breath, even when I'm just sitting somewhere. I try to take a deep breath, and I can't get one, so it leads to a lot of short breaths. I noticed a few weeks ago about 20 or so unexplained bruises on my legs. It's just like one day I woke up and they were there. Some spots theres just one or two by itself, and in some spots it looks like there's 8 bruises all together, making up one huge bruise. And also, for the past 3 days my nose has been bleeding. Not bleeding badly, but bleeding enough to where I notice it. I've never had a bloody nose before, so it is weird to me.
What could this be? Any suggestions/comments/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Little One

Old 07-27-2004, 04:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: What could this be?

You really need to go to a doctor and get blood work done, especially for anemia, and rule out other things. You definitely have alot of unexplained things going on that needs medical attention.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 06:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

sounds like it could be a low platelet count. This is NOT good and must be addressed. If I were you, I wouldn't wait till it goes away. There are certain medications that could induce this, or it can be somthing serious. either way, only a dr. can diagnosis you.
Have you been diagnosed with any other medical problem in the past?
I wish you well. Please get help.

Old 07-27-2004, 07:26 AM   #4
(female)

DebbieT HB User

Ask your doc to check for an immune disease. My father had symptoms similar to yours and it turned out he had a rare immune disease. Its probably not this but you do need to get checked out. Better safe than sorry. Good luck.

Old 07-27-2004, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

this is a case that YES you should go to the doctor. it sounds like anemia, but perhaps with a little more going on. if you don't have enough iron in your blood you can't get enough oxygen into your body. that would explain alot of your symptoms, but not all. please see a doc and let us know.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2004, 05:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

please see your Dr ASAP,this could be many things and some of them not so good.all of what the above posters have mentioned are very real possibilities.Please call and ask to see the dr immediately or go to the closest er for a blood work up.Honestly, your symptoms just do not sound good,espescially being short of breath.your oxygen satuation needs to be checked as soon as possible.this will show you just how much real oxygen is currently circulating in your blood.I will bet that yours is no where near 100%,and thats where it should be,or just slightly under 100.i wish you the best,please let us know what you find out when you feel up to it okay?Marcia

Old 07-29-2004, 09:06 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

As you have already heard from the above posts, you need to seek medical attention immediately. I also agree with the diagnosis's from the other posts. When i first read your post and your symptoms my first thought was Leukemia. However, i am not a doctor. You really need medical attention. Good Luck!

Old 07-29-2004, 09:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleOne3
I'm new here. I am deciding if I should go to the doctor or not. For the past couple of months i've been very weak and tired. I'm always pale, and some describe me as a "walking dead girl". I have heavy bags under my eyes, and my eye lids look purpleish/discolored/brown (not how they used to look). I am often dizzy and shaky. Most of the time I have a headache. Some days I wake up and it's worse than others, but a majority of the time it's steady. Sometimes I find it hard to catch my breath, even when I'm just sitting somewhere. I try to take a deep breath, and I can't get one, so it leads to a lot of short breaths. I noticed a few weeks ago about 20 or so unexplained bruises on my legs. It's just like one day I woke up and they were there. Some spots theres just one or two by itself, and in some spots it looks like there's 8 bruises all together, making up one huge bruise. And also, for the past 3 days my nose has been bleeding. Not bleeding badly, but bleeding enough to where I notice it. I've never had a bloody nose before, so it is weird to me.
What could this be? Any suggestions/comments/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Little One
I agree with the other posters you need to see a doctor.

Old 08-04-2004, 01:11 PM   #9

Diana R. HB User

For heavens sake, What other symptoms could possibly make you finally decide to see a physician. You need to see a doc. End of story.

Closed Thread