It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 05:32 AM   #1

NAB HB User
Question Problems with a doctor and in need of advice.

Hello,
Recently, I filed a complaint with the Massachusettes Medical Board against a physician. In response to the medical board regarding my complaint, she spewed lies and made what I consider to be extremely offensive statements in an attempt to completely discredit me. What I need to know is this. What additional steps can I take against this doctor if the medical board does not take appropriate action? I do not want to be forced to take this matter into court so if there is another alternative, please let me know what that is. Thanks!

Last edited by Administrator; 07-28-2004 at 06:07 PM.

Old 07-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: Problems with a doctor and in need of advice.

Unfortunately a friend of mine is going through the same thing. For years he was dx'd with sleep apnea when in fact it was a very rare type of cancer growing in his nose. He had to hire an attorney and are doing depositions at the moment. The really sad part of the entire thing is all the doctors are telling lies to cover up their butts.

One thing that does happen with these type of suits, weither you win or not, the doctors malpractice insurance will go up, sometimes that's penaty enough. My favorite nuerologist was slapped with 3 suits, all of which he won, last year, his premium got so high, in the 200k area he was forced to leave his buisness and start over.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2004, 08:29 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB
Hello,
Recently, I filed a complaint with the Massachusettes Medical Board against a physician. In response to the medical board regarding my complaint, she spewed lies and made what I consider to be extremely offensive statements in an attempt to completely discredit me. What I need to know is this. What additional steps can I take against this doctor if the medical board does not take appropriate action? I do not want to be forced to take this matter into court so if there is another alternative, please let me know what that is. Thanks!
NAB, Sounds to me that this is something you most definately want to pursue, and you are wanting to possibly take more action against this physician. Especially about the lies and offensive statements. Sounds like it is time for you to get a lawyer, only then will you find out all your legal rights and what actions you can take. Good Luck!

Old 07-29-2004, 10:06 AM   #4

Ice Queen HB User

Get a lawyer !!!
You don't have a chance unless you have professional backing.
Call around to different firms and choose the one you feel most comfortable with...
Good Luck...

Closed Thread