It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #1

lon HB User
bad reaction to flu shot

I have a bad reaction toa flu shot, my arm started aching immediatly after the shot. The pain is very bad and the tricep goes into spasm all the time. this has been going on for two and a half years. Have you had similar problems.

Old 07-29-2004, 03:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

whiteluluflower HB User
Re: bad reaction to flu shot

altho, I havent had a bad reactions, i knoew ppl who have.

my friend is allergic to virtually every shot :-s, and has the symptoms you have.

Also, my mom cannot have the flu shot, becuz she is allergic to eggs... altho she is able to eat eggs without her having an allergic reaction, the eggs in the flu shot, make her SICK!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
(female)

dmtustin HB User

I received my flu shot November 2005, its now Dec. 14th I have been into Emergency 2 times, second time passing out, 911 was called, twice within 2 weeks, with severe weakness, aching major joints. and pain in these muscles and joints. ER said I had a Virus infection thru out my body. Am wondering if anyone else has had this reaciton since receiving a flu shot this year?

Old 12-31-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
(female)

Marise5 HB User

Have had flu shots last 3 or 4 years. This year is the first bad reaction. It was fine for a week or so, then the site became swollen and painful. The pain radiated to my head and chest. I found it painful to breath and coughing really hurt. Felt lousy and lost all interest in food. No fever but I was really cold all the time. This lasted a couple of weeks then slowly got better. Now the site is scabbing over and is still a bit sore. I'll think twice about getting a shot next year. Though I did lose six pounds!

Old 01-01-2006, 05:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

It is quite possible that when the nurse gave you the shot,she actually hit a nerve.i would at the very least,follow up with your doc about this.as far as having reactions from the flu shot?I have only gotten one in my entire life and that was only because the nurse at the transplant clinic where my son goes(liver Tx)highly recomended that I get one when he got one,other wise,I never have really gotten the flu ever before.I had the simalar reaction immediately after but felt oky the next day but about two months after that shot,for the first time ever,i got slammed,and i mean it hit me like a train,worst flu ever.honestly,I could not even get up off the couch.I was just exhausted,and everything just ached and throbbed including my head.it was horrible and it just hit me like outta no where.I was at work,felt great that morning and by noon i thought i was going to die.I had to go home as I could not even stand upright.it just hit sooo fast and out of the blue,this IS the classic flu.So needless to say,it has been over five years now and I never got another flu shot and have never ever gotten it again.they say there is no connection but I totally believe otherwise.I am just going to rely on my own immune system from now on.I seemed to do much better on my own.FB

Old 01-01-2006, 08:20 AM   #6
(female)

suziewong HB User

HI i have flu jab every year due to autoimmune disease and also my son has been having them since age of 4y due to asthama we dont have reactions to it but my son had the pneumonia one this time and had muscle cramps,But on two occasions my father in law as ended up in hospital with kidney infections and pneumonia after having his.We live in the uk.

Last edited by suziewong; 01-01-2006 at 08:24 AM.

Closed Thread