It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 12:51 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User
need an answer quick please

I was wondering if drinking citric soda can cause heartburn. Tonight around 3am i drank squrt and prolly 15 min later i had a sharp pain in the lower part of my chest, when i had the pain it would get slightly worse when i would breath in. the pain is going away now, but im left here wondering. thanks for any replys.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:00 AM   #2

Greeneyedgurl85 HB User
Re: need an answer quick please

Hmm..well the only thing i can think of is gas. I've had that happen to me before either because I drank it too fast or just because it was the carbonation, and it felt aweful!!! It felt like something was in your chest and you didn't know how to get it out. But eventually I just burped and it got alot better. I don't know if that helped you any or if that was the cause but I just thought I would try

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2004, 05:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

Yes, anything citric can in fact can cause heartburn. It also could have been gas as mentioned.
If you are still having the pain today however you should probably get it checked.

Old 07-29-2004, 06:15 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

well i took a zantac 75 and fell asleep afterward, i feel fine now, thanks for the info. But i do get a short pain that does linger for a few seconds then is gone, pretty much on and off. any word on that?

Last edited by yugokid; 07-29-2004 at 08:10 AM.

Old 07-29-2004, 08:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Sounds to me like you pulled or slightly tore a muscle in your chest. No big deal. Should heal in a day or two if that's what it is.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:33 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

i do beleive that im suffering from a pinched nerve from my posture at my computer desk, sometimes my muscle is tender to the touch.

Closed Thread