It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User
Really GROSS..burps that smell like rotten eggs? WHAT IS IT?

I have had the weirdest symptoms going on the past week. I have been really nauseas w/ boughts of diareha. The strangest thing though is I have been having these little burps that smell and taste like ROTTEN eggs. It's disgusting!!!!!! I haven't even EATEN eggs. I have had these burps before (for the past 4 years) but never really thought about it because they weren't occumpanied by other symptoms. However, now comes the nausea and diareha. I feel like crap plus..I bet other's are wondering what that horrible smell is WHAT IS GOING ON?

Old 08-13-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: Really GROSS..burps that smell like rotten eggs? WHAT IS IT?

One of the more common reasons is lactose intolerance or an allergy to dairy products which can be associated with nausea and gas as well as diahreah.
There's another post in this forum that is on the same subject with a few other ideas of what may be the cause, should be back a few pages, same title almost, you can search and see what others had to say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2004, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

There have been other posts like yours. If you go to digestive disorders, there are quite a few people that have posted there with the same complaint. A lot of them felt that it was something that they ingested.

Old 08-13-2004, 07:19 PM   #4

mcapps HB User

Had any indigestion with it? Sounds like acid from the stomach to me. If you burp sometimes and it feels like hot fluid coming up in the throat and burning it probably GERD. Gastrointestanial (sp?) reflux desease. It will cause nausa and diarrea too. The rotten eggs smell comes from sour stomach. Good ole Nexum (and they make different kinds) will solve that problem but you have to get your doctor to write you out a perscription. I've taken it for years and laid off spicy food and it fixed me right up!

Old 08-13-2004, 10:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User

Hi guys! THanks for the responses!

No, I don't have an allergy to dairy because I have loved all dairy products since I was little so I doubt it's that. But thank you for the idea anyways. Sometimes that burning feeling comes when I burp but it doesn't happen when I have the "egg burps". They are always seperate. I can count on one hand how many times I have had the burning sensation. Thank you guys for the information. I have actually read about the Nexium working ( I did some research tonight..) so when I get to the dr. I will ask him about it. If anyone else has any input I really would appreciate it!!!

Closed Thread