It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2004, 06:50 PM   #1

pabloendal HB User
Angry pain in arm after drinking

i drank a botlle of schmirnoff (spelling?) triple black (good stuff) and i drank it slwoly not quik.After words i got this horrible pain in my right shoulder and it hurt so much i couldn't lift my arm. this happens alot wheni drink (and i dirnk veyr rarley) and the pain is unbearable (spelling?). I want to know what's going on. I heard form a guy at work about somehitng about the gal baldder have do to wiht it. If you can please help me that would be really nice the pain go's on for at least 30-35 minutes

Old 09-11-2004, 01:13 PM   #2

Tigrazhia HB User
Re: pain in arm after drinking

I can tell you this much that it's probably not your gallbladder, as I've got gallbladder problems & the pain is not in the arm (nor is it usually affected by alcohol, unless you're eating a lot of greasy chips while you drink..... ) Perhaps it could be a liver problem instead?

You may want to consult a doctor, sounds like a very uncomfortable problem and you never know, it could be serious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2004, 04:05 PM   #3

rach_81 HB User

pabloendal - I get this when I have been drinking also - usually the pain is so bad that I have to go home. Mine originates from my stomach and it shoots into my right shoulder though. I've never really thought much of it as I thought it was just from comsuming a bit too much.

Recently though I've experienced similar stomach pains (only) during the week at work etc so I am off to the Doctor. A friend of mine [removed] said that it sounds like Gall Bladder so they might check that out.

Be interested to know if anyone else has this and knows what it's from!

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 09-13-2004 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Do not offer advice in a professional context! This is a PEER support group. Thank you!

Old 09-12-2004, 04:44 PM   #4

tape7 HB User

I also hardly ever drink, but if I do, I get a real heavy pain in both arms and my chest. I've always wondered why, and believe me, it's bad enough to make you think twice before taking a drink. Someone told me it was bad circulation, but it's funny you mentioned the gall bladder, because I do get gallbladder pain from time to time, but never thought the alcohol could affect it.

Old 09-14-2004, 07:46 AM   #5
Inactive

Jack51 HB User

I haven't a clue, except to say that alcohol interacts with some medications. Hope you find the cause.

Closed Thread