It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 08:52 AM   #1
(male)

profpo31 HB User
bumps on the side of the tongue

Recently I noticed several bumps on the back and the side of my tongue. Fearing the worst, I went to the doctors where they diagnosed me as having bronchitis. She told me that the bumps on the back of my tongue were simply inflamed taste buds and the bumps on the side of my tongue were canker sores that are associated with having the bronchitis. I haven't been able to get to a dentist, and three doctors have told me that there is nothing wrong with my tongue or mouth, but i would really like to hear it from someone who only works with the mouth. Do these bumps on the side of my tongue sound like they are canker sores from the bronchitis? They are on both sides of my tongue more towards the back and seem to be in bunches (like two or three of them on each side). They are white with a somewhat red border and become a little painful when eating and occasionally when talking. I'm fearing the worst despite the doctor's repeated assurance, so anyone who can help calm my fears or give me more insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User
Re: bumps on the side of the tongue

I occassionally get these things too, but not necessarily when I'm sick with something. Yes they are canker sores and go away without treatment. They are a painful nuisance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 11:26 AM   #3
(male)

profpo31 HB User

so they can be on the side of your tongue like that and in bunches? any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

Old 01-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

It does sound like canker sores. Try rinsing with warm salt water every night, that should help and eat some yogurt that seems to shorten the duration for some reason. Don't be scared, they are painful but they do go away. They can also come from stress and vitamin deficiencies. Usually the B vitamin group. If you are worried about a tumor, my ENT told me that tumors are usually hard and don't hurt. It sounds like you are okay!!!!

Closed Thread