It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 07:48 AM   #1
(male)

wrestler21 HB User
Arrow Light headed, weak in the legs...extremely worried...PLEASE HELP!!

Hey everyone, i am a 20 year old male usually in good health. About a month ago i started getting light headed, first off i was extremely worried because 8 months prior to this my friend passed away from a rare disease called hypoplasia of his arteries. This simply means that his arteries didn't develop as he grew and restricted blood flow to the rest of his body. Why i am so paranoid is because i am experiencing the exact symptoms he was having being light headedness, fatigue, and weakness. I am experiencing weakness in my legs, like they are just going to buckle out from underneath me and the light headedness has been constant for over a month, sometimes being worse than others. I've had MRI's, X-RAY's, Thyroid tese, echocardiogram, blood work and everything is coming up negative. In my MRI it showed i had sever sinus infection and my family dr said that was causing the light headedness. So he gave me 2 weeks worth of antibiotic to clear it up. I wasn't experiencing any symptoms of a sinus infection, no congestion, headaches, ect. which striked me as odd. Well i finished the antibiotic a week ago and im still light headed. Im getting extremely worried and scared and dont' kno what i should do. I literally spend every waking hour of the day thinking about this and hoping i don't pass away, im so stressed out over this it literally runs my life and im scared all the time. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #2

cmmm47 HB User
Re: Light headed, weak in the legs...extremely worried...PLEASE HELP!!

With all the tests you have had, Im surprised the insurance company didnt stop the tests long ago. My insurance company doesnt authorize much. It sounds like your doctor has done a very thorough work-up on you and cant find much. I would keep in touch with the doctor for some months and see if he can come up with something. I get tired and weak from too much exercise myself but I dont have any idea why this is happening to you. Maybe someone else here has an idea of whats going on but the doctor is highly trained and my tendency would be to believe him.

Good Luck

Closed Thread