It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Unhappy MoDeRaTe BlOoD iN mY uRiNe!!!!

Hello everyone,

I went to my primary doctor's today, because I am a week and a half late for my period, (I took a hpt and it was negative) and I had a urine test done (figuring maybe an infection was prolonging it) and they found moderate red blood cells in my urine and sent me to the hospital for a urinalysis. I thought at first that maybe I was pregnant, premenopausal, etc., but could this have something to do with me being so late for my period?? Has this happened to any of your woman? I had something similar happen 4 years ago, but they said it was just a trace and not to worry and I had it checked once a year after that. Actually I didn't in 2004 though. Anyhoot, they usually only found a trace or none, until now. I'm just miserable and very irritable and cannot wait for my period!! HAHA Sounds funny!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Melly

Old 02-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: MoDeRaTe BlOoD iN mY uRiNe!!!!

If you are thinking perimenopausal then I am guessing you are around "that" age? Periods will start to mess up and I was thinking maybe you have it a tiny tiny bit, not enough to see blood, but enough for it to show up "down there". I don't know if that's possible, but it COULD be, I mean I went for a urine test one time after my period was over (like on day #7, I was getting NO blood at all, but they found a trace of blood in my urine.) Just a thought...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlover
If you are thinking perimenopausal then I am guessing you are around "that" age? Periods will start to mess up and I was thinking maybe you have it a tiny tiny bit, not enough to see blood, but enough for it to show up "down there". I don't know if that's possible, but it COULD be, I mean I went for a urine test one time after my period was over (like on day #7, I was getting NO blood at all, but they found a trace of blood in my urine.) Just a thought...
Hello Sunlover!

I am 37 years old, sorry. Could this blood in my urine prolong my period though?

Old 02-10-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

No, that wouldn't prolong it, but what I'm saying is that it's THERE, but very very little. I think 37 is a little too young for your period to be messing up like THAT though.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User
Re: Moderate blood in my urine!!!!

I had blood in my urine once and it was diagnosed as a kidney infection.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #6
(female)

Lynda1234 HB User

I've had microscopic blood in my urine for more than 20 years now. You have to be seen by a urologist for an evaluation. There are many reasons for it and he/she will be able to evaluate it. In my case, no cause has been found but I have to go for yearly checkups.
Blood in your urine has nothing to do with your period.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:45 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda1234
I've had microscopic blood in my urine for more than 20 years now. You have to be seen by a urologist for an evaluation. There are many reasons for it and he/she will be able to evaluate it. In my case, no cause has been found but I have to go for yearly checkups.
Blood in your urine has nothing to do with your period.
Sunlover, Suzie and Lynda, thank you so much for your replies!! I ruled out kidney infection since I have NO symptoms at all, but thank you, and I also have been seeing a urologist for the last 5 years for hematuria? Usually when I go there is a trace or nothing, but this time there was "moderate" amount of red blood cells. I had the cystoscopy 5 years ago and I had nothing wrong at all, but mild inflammation of my bladder lining and I was told sometimes they do not know why some woman have blood, some never know. How odd. Anyway, my questions was if this could make my period so late, but as you have said, it should have nothing to do with it. We shall see in time I'm sure. Thanks again!!!
Melly

Closed Thread