It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 11:47 PM   #1

annarayne HB User
migraines, fainting... anyone have any answers?

since i was 7 id have migraines at least once a week up until i was about 11. since i was about 10 i'd black out and since then i've gotten very bad dizzy spells. i've also had really bad chronic headaches that'd last me up to 2 weeks.. which i've now found out may possibly be migraines. for the past few years i've also had very strange vision... which i've made a post about somewhere on these boards. i haven't gotten a single answer from doctors on any of this! when i was a kid i was told my migraines weren't often enough for treatment (ya, i'd like to see them have a migraine a week), and nobody ever believed that i'd black out. no doctor has ever really done much about any of it..
anyway, i'm just wondering what all this can be. i'm very tired and frustrated with it all.
what happens with the black outs, they aren't actual fainting spells. i feel dizzy, then i fall... i feel every single thing, i hear every single thing. i'm completly conscious of what is happening. my doctor back home thinks it's far from a normal fainting spell but is pretty slow on trying to get it figured out. i have done an eeg and worn a heart monitor for a day. both were normal. blood work seemed normal too.
since my migraines have seemed to slow down, i've been getting really bad headaches... i recently went to the hospital for this and eyesight and was told that it sounded like i was still having migraines and it was causing my sight to go weird on me. but the imitrex she gave me doesn't fix the sight problem... makes my head feel better but things i see are still strange.
is it just coincidence all these things are happening? or can they be linked up somehow.. and what could possibly be causing it? i'm so frustrated.. i feel like there's always something wrong with me, but really they're all things that i've had since i was young..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #2

annarayne HB User
Re: migraines, fainting... anyone have any answers?

if this helps... i have reynolds. i can't donate blood because the blood doesn't flow fast enough before it clotts... and i also have small veins. don't know if that really has anything to do with it..

Old 02-16-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: migraines, fainting... anyone have any answers?

My sister found out she had Chiari Malformation and she had the exact symptoms...headaches bad, dizzy, if she coughed, she'd black out, sneeze...bend over for long.....she is 50 years old and dealt with this for 1 1/2 years. She went to the ENT (ear nose and throat) and he knew what it was from x-rays...........look it up and see what you think. She had surgery 6 months ago and feels like a new person. It's genetic...

Good luck

Closed Thread