It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
(female)

fader06 HB User
Withdrawls from Anti-depressants...

I don't know if this is the right board for a question like t his...but I figure I'll give it a shot.

I have been taking Wellbutrin for the past 6 almost 7 months now...it was only to help get me off of this other drug I was addicted to and abusing...Dexedrine...and it helped alot and was told I should be on it for at least 6 months. I also was able to quit smoking.

Now, I want to get off it. I'm feeling more agitated towards everything, more mood swings, and can't get alot of sleep. It's also tiring on my bank account...I do get the money back from medical...but it's just a hassle I don't want to deal with anymore.

I was told at the beginning, that this anti-depressant has really bad withdrawl side effects.

So my question is....has anyone taken Wellbutrin and gone off it? Would it be a bad idea to just not tell my doctor, and try to get off it myself?

I hear bad stories of people going off their drugs...they either go bacj to their old ways...or get worse. I really don't want that to happen, but I just want to get off it for the sake of my relationships with family and my boyfriend.

Any help would be appreciatd..thank you.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #2

washee HB User
Re: Withdrawls from Anti-depressants...

The best way to do it is by tapered dose over a period of time. Of course you will still possibly have withdrawl symptoms, but they will hopefully be less severe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User

Okay, first of all, whatever you do, DO NOT GO OFF YOUR DRUG WITHOUT ADVISING YOUR DOCTOR. If you wish to quit, tell your doctor about it, so that he can motify your dosage gradually.

Wellbutrin also isn't your typical anti-depressant so the withdrawal symptoms aren't like those you'd get with a normal anti-depressant.

Anyway, call your doctor and explain to him that you want to stop taking Wellbutrin. It'll be much, much safer (and easier) than doing so on your own.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Fader, there is always alot of talk on the Depression board about discontinuation of antidepressants. If you don't find what you are looking for here, you might go there.

Closed Thread