It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

lisa30777 HB User
Question Internal shaking

Hello,

Hope someone can point me the right way,i keep getting what i can only describe as internal shaking it happens at different times of the day,and my doctors is putting this down to Anxiety after tests have came back normal (glucose, fbc, thyroid )which i know its not,its quite scary when it happens i feel weak lighthead and spaced out.

I also have what the doctors think is GERD.

Any ideas? if anyone has any questions so you can help me more please ask.

Im so sick of been sick

Thanks
Lisa

Old 03-24-2005, 08:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

velvet48 HB User
Re: Internal shaking

hi there. i am sick of being sick too. i also get this internal trembling and that is the only way i can describe it too. my doc has run a bunch of test and finds nothing at all.

i have come to the conclusion that this is part of peri-menopause in me. i asked the obgyn if it is possible and he said it is, although, everyone is different and suffer different symptoms that what would be considered normal symptoms.

how old are you? have you noticed differences in you going on that would make you think you may be entering menopause? just a thought

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 08:58 AM   #3
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

Im only 28 ,maybe it is hormone related tho because i keep breaking out in acne.

Last edited by lisa30777; 03-24-2005 at 08:59 AM.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

I have this and it is from anxiety. It happens every time I am in some sort or emotional crisis. I also have hypothyroidism (was diagnosed before anxiety disorder) so whenever this would happen to me way back, I would pass it off as from that. Now that I understand about my anxiety I can clearly see that THIS is the real culprit.

Are you feeling particularly stressed lately? Under any sort of pressure? Frightened of someone, something or something that is about to happen, happening, or that you are scared MAY happen?

Old 03-24-2005, 09:24 AM   #5
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

Only my health problems ,thats why i don't think its anxiety i can be relaxed when it happens

Old 03-24-2005, 10:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

You don't have to be in a crisis to be affected by anxiety. An anxiety disorder is always present, it's like a disease -- sometimes things flare up and sometimes everything's quiet, but it's always there. I have had the shakes at rest too, only one occassion from nothing but the others are always from a thought.

If you have health problems on your mind then this is cause for anxiety in itself. Think back to when this all started. Were you having symptoms of something else first before the shaking began? If so, then your shaking would be a result from fear that you have some dreaded disease. If the shaking was the first symptom and you are worrying because of that, it could still be anxiety from the subconcious level.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:46 PM   #7
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

I do hope your right,i know that sounds strange but at least anxiety isnt gonna kill me ,just doesnt feel like anxiety i was very stressed when this all started a couple of months back( i have GERD/LPR also )but i would'nt say i am now.im fact i feel quite calm i do also get shortness of breath and chest pain so i guess it does all fit,i get shakes everyday sometimes twice maybe more .Ive been taking lexapro 10mg for 8 days now.

Thanks for your reply

Last edited by lisa30777; 03-24-2005 at 01:47 PM.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:49 AM   #8
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

Anybody got any other ideas???

Old 04-01-2005, 03:46 AM   #9
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

so it sounds like anxiety then?

Old 04-02-2005, 06:07 PM   #10

Kim57 HB User

Hi there. First I want to ask you.. Do you actually feel your insides trembling? Or is it that you feel trembly inside? Does this make sense? I too suffered the feeling of trembling on the inside for years. I would tell my husband and he would say, "you don't look like your shaking." But I felt it on the inside along with mood swings and just a disconnected feeling all the time. I at one point actually felt as though I was going out of my mind. Then just before I turned 40 I found out I was in menopause. Not just pre-menopause, but in full blown menopause. The feelings I had been having those 8-plus years were my hormones going into overtime. Including the trembling. I now have been on HRT since finding out and also had a hysterectomy due to complications. I have not had any of those "feelings" since going on HRT. I would bet you are starting into pre-menopause even at your age. Look up some sites on Premenopause and you will find a list of symptoms that lead up to it. Including the "trembling". A good site to check out is [ please do not post commercial websites ] This may or may not be what you are experiencing but is very likely. Pre-menopause can hit as early as in your teens or 20's. The medication Xanax is comforting to have in times like this. I took it only when the trembles hit and it calmed me down so I could function better. Good luck to you and make sure you check out those sites.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-03-2005 at 12:12 AM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules - "How to share information"

Old 04-05-2005, 04:13 AM   #11
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

Hi kim, i would say i feel trembly inside sort of how you feel when you need to eat(tho eating does nothing)i do think it could well be hormones as i have a problem with acne which im sure is hormone related ,would my periods be messed up if its the Premenopause mine are not.i have been having night sweats on and off for months is this another symptom?.

Thanks so much for your help
lisa

Last edited by lisa30777; 04-05-2005 at 04:14 AM.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:06 AM   #12

Kim57 HB User

A BIG yes. Night sweats were one of the first major symptoms that hit me hard. Then the erratical periods. I would say that the internal jitters, as I called them, and the mood swings along with disconnected feelings were the first to start in the earlier years leading up to everything else. I would definately have your gynocologist do a blood test to see if your in pre-menopause. You may have to insist on this. Many doctors (including mine) didn't believe me when I told him I was having all these symptoms. For years, I told him the way I was feeling and he just brushed it off. Until I told him I was having sever night sweats and my periods were going hay-wire. Only then did he decide to do a blood test and when the results came back he appologized saying.."well, your in full blown memopause" and thats when I just turned 40. So for years leading up to that I was in pre-menopause. I wish I would have known that so I could have been given some sort of hormone therapy. But instead I thought I was having a mental breakdown. Good luck to you and insist on a blood test.

Old 05-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #13

Nancylauf HB User

Anxiety happens anytime, even during sleep. I can be sleeping soundly, and panic takes over and wakes me up like it's the middle of the afternoon. I have the internal trembling, as well. 40 years old. Was thinking it was peri-menopause, but am now convinced it's anxiety. The effects of anxious living happen 24 hours a day. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

I sometimes have the same thing along with some other symptoms like skipped heart beats and dizziness. I know I am in peri menopause because of my age (mid 40s) and I know these are all symptoms. However, have they checked your nutrient and mineral levels? I was recently found to have a potassium deficiency when they did some routine lab work. A supplement and a glass of OJ every morning has made all the difference in the world. Just a thought.

Nancy

Old 05-24-2005, 04:45 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

My daughter has chronic fatigue syndrome and suffers from some of your symptoms. You might want to get more information on that. She was diagnosed by having a tilt table test, a cardiac test in which you are strapped to a table and then raised to an upright position and then brought down and your blood pressure, pulse, heartrate are tested. Then a solution is injected into your arm to increase you heart rate like when you are exercising and the test is repeated. My daughter passed out the first time the table was raised and her bp dropped to 54/30 something. She takes Florinef which dilates her blood vessels and helps circulate the blood better. She doesn't have dizziness or fainting spells any more or chest pains. All of her other cardiac tests were normal and the dr. wasn't real motivated to order the tilt table. I positive tilt table test is used to dx chronic fatigue syndrome. She has some problems with tiredness and gets her sleep in chunks. She doesn't take any other meds.

Hope this helps. I pray that you will find a good doctor who can diagnose you and you will receive the help you need asap.

Donna

I have fibromyalgia and sometimes feel that warbly feeling on the inside that does't show on the outside. I don't know what it is, but it goes away on its own.

Closed Thread