It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 12:44 AM   #1
(male)

avron HB User
Help! eyebrows falling out!

Hiya everyone,

I've had this problem a long time ago where I noticed a bald spot on my eyebrows, I went to the doctor and he gave me synalar gel which contains fluocinolone, it did make the hair grow back. now this was four years ago.

this time the problem came back and it's so much worse this time, I had to use pencil to cover up the thin haired areas, I used the same gel again without seeing a doctor, it did help in growing most of the hair, but I am worried that the problem would get worse once I get off the gel, I was supposed to use it for 2 weeks, instead i've been using it for 2 months now.

I've looked over the internet the only thing I could find for eyebrows thinning out is thyroid problems and I don't recall having any other symptoms other than the eyebrow thinning out.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User
Re: Help! eyebrows falling out!

Both my sister and I have the same problems with our eyebrows, we both have hypothyroidism, and no doctor has ever offered us the synalar gel (or anything for that matter) to repair them. I never thought there was such a thing available to regrow hair (after all, if it was a miracle gel then there'd be no bald people, right?) so I went to check what synalar gel was.

I read that it is used to treat inflammatory skin disorders, not hair loss. If it is working for you, then it sounds as if you have a skin disorder and not something systemic. As well, your doctor must have suspected a skin disorder in the first place or he wouldn't have given it to you. All of this should be written in your chart, so why not just ask him?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2005, 09:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

I am hypothyroid too. Couple of years ago, I noticed a bald spot on one of my eyebrows too. I don't have really thin eyebrows so it was quite noticeable. I think it is caused by beng hypothyroid and menopausal. I found this french product called talika lipocils that you can find on the net, purchased it, and it grew the hair back. You might want to give it a try too.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
(female)

sweetiegirl HB User
Smile Re: Help! eyebrows falling out!

Absolutely try the Talika eyebrow Lipocils to help your eyebrows grow in faster and also use the Talika Eyebrow extender to make your eyebrows look normal while they are growing in.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
(male)

miniheli HB User

I just checked and found out that hair loss is a sign of hyperthyroidism! I have type 1 diabetes and have had my brows coming out for awhlie now.
I go to an endocrinologist for my type 1 diabetes regular 3 month check up but she never mentioned anything about hyper thriode. I dont think my hair problem has anything to do with diabetes since I have had it before I was diagnosed and my blood sugars are almost perfect. Do they know if I have it from a blood test? Or do I have to ask them about it. By the way I am 18 years of age and super skinny, I can fluctuate between 126 to 132 pounds in 3 days. Mom keeps telling me to eat more, but I eat extermly heavily and never gain any weight. What hypocrites since they are the same like me, eat alot and never gain any weight. O ya and I am always super nervous.

I saw pictures of hyperthyroidism and wow. That was scary there throats were bulging, but I dont have anything like that my throat looks normal and my endo checked my thrioride using her hand and said it was fine. I did a recent blood test but I dont know if they checked for this problem.

avron I hope your problem goes well.

Last edited by miniheli; 05-15-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:56 AM   #6
(female)

Mamasan2007 HB User

My eyebrows were thinning this last year, I tossed it up to Peri Menopause.
And then found out I was Hypo Thyroid, since I have been on Synthyroid my eyebrows are filling back in.

Closed Thread