It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 06:56 AM   #1
(male)

needsomehelpbad HB User
Cant keep liquids down what to do

I was wondering what to do in this situation...I have tonsilitis with nausea and vomiting right after i drink liquids.....my urine is very dark, i have a persistant headahce and my mouth throat and lips and extremely dry...I think im becomming al ittle dehydrated......should I go to the ER if this continues; not being able to keep any liquids down...thanks for any imput

Old 04-27-2005, 09:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
Re: Cant keep liquids down what to do

Yes... Definitely call your doctor or go to the ER. You need IV fluids. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 08:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I agree in this case you need to go to the ER or call your doctor. Sometimes I have had luck keeping popsicles down when nothing else will do. But in your case, sounds like you need help immediately.

Old 04-28-2005, 06:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

You really need to get some hydration asap.If your urine is very dark, this is the best indication that you are not getting enough fluids in you.If this has been going on for awhile, it is immperitive that you rehydrate your body as soon as possible.The best way to do this would be an iV.you will be amazed at just how great you will feel once your body fluids are replaced.One of the complications of tonsillitis is kidney problems,if you couple this with dehydration because of vomiting your kidneys are really getting a double whammy here.your kidneys really need lots and lots of fluid to stay healthy.I think if I were you,i would call my doc to tell him whats up and then head to the ER.i am sure that alot of your electrolyes are off(can cause heart problems as well as many other body organ issues) as well as your blood sugar.Rehydration is the key here.lots of fluids asap.Good luck and please keep us posted.Just so you know, nausea and vomiting are really not considered to be normal with tonsillitis.Good luck.FB

Old 04-29-2005, 05:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

I hope you went to a clinic or something - dehydration can get serious fast. That is exactly what it sounds like.

Closed Thread