It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Smile Found way to grow taller

I found this ad in Maxim magazine for a product called Height Max. I went to the website to check it out. It's a product which claims to maximize a person's (age 12-25) height potential. They claim in 6 months time, height increases between 10-25%. The pills are made up of various vitamins, minerals and other amino acids. Has anyone ever heard of this product? I'm sure there are other similar products out there... can these products actually increase a person's height? I'm short for a guy, so even 2 inches taller would make me much happier. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
(female)

Datura HB User
Re: Found way to grow taller

That's great. We'll have all these men/women running around with large breasts, the 'correct' height, receding hairlines will be a thing of the past, no more small peni, etc, etc.

It seems there's a pill for everything physically 'wrong' with a person. Too bad they can't make a pill which makes up for dull personalities and loss of intellect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

If you eat a healthy and varied diet, the pills won't do anything for you. If you were malnourished, it could have an effect on your height, but it is unlikely that you are malnourished. Just eat healthy foods, eat a variety of foods, and take care of yourself, no matter what height you are.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #4
(male)

GoGauchos HB User

Sorry buddy, heightmax is just another height-increasing scam. The only way to grow taller after you are done growing is to surgically have your tibias or femur lengthened.

Old 07-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

If it sounds too good to be true, you can bet it is a way to empty your pocketbook!! and do nothing more!

Old 07-09-2005, 06:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

It is interesting that this "magic" pill will only work between the ages of 12-25,the same ages that a person will actually be getting taller natures way.I am SURE that you would be getting taller,but it is normal growth, not from any sort of pill.please do not waste your cash on this.FB

Old 07-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User

I saw a guy who was hanging upside down for quite a while at the gym. He wasn't doing crunches or anything. Maybe that works. Also, take in plenty of calcium.

Last edited by ethera; 07-10-2005 at 10:46 AM.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:37 PM   #8
(female)

sarakay444 HB User

Datura--You just made my day. I'm seriously sitting here laughing so hard that I'm crying. I don't know why, but your post just struck a chord. I actually said "Amen" outloud after reading it.

As a kid, I struggled because I was so tall. I have been 5'9 or 5'10 since I was in junior high. Everyone wanted me on their basketball team. I failed to mention that I suck at basketball.

Now that I'm 24, being a 5'9 female has it's perks...but its still annoying. I'm taller than all of my friends so in photos, I look like a giant. When I wear the cute shoes that everyone else has....I'm over 6' tall and it scares small children.

No one's ever happy with what they have. It's part of life. So you're a short guy.... find a short woman and have short children. We need people of every height in the world, right?

Old 09-07-2005, 04:33 AM   #9
(male)

ksaguy HB User

i think it might help the people who are short and crossing the height limit.
theres a certain age when your height stops growing. although height NEVER really stops growing, but the noticable increament stops at a certain age and your are pretty much left with what you are.
a friend of mine whose older brother was short and 21, nearly 5-5" was one of the most good looking guys i have ever seen. he used to have a perfect diet and all. exercised too. then he tried some pills and when i saw him after 5 months, my jaw dropped.
he had increased his height and was nearly 5-10". alost my height. and looked much better and good looking.

the only side effect he 'thought' was his legs ached alot for sometime. but i know as a matter of fact that it happenes when theres a sudden increase of height.
like last yer, i couldnt run becasue of the pain an dthen the doctor said it was because i am growing faster and probably stop growing after that.
thankfully, i am still growing.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:06 AM   #10
(male)

xvictoryx HB User

The pills won't do anything. I can't believe that people actually think any of this stuff works.

Closed Thread