It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 05:12 AM   #1
(male)

jimmylast HB User
need help light headed all the time

Hi everyone Iím hoping for some help here, Iíve been light headed now for over 2 years and it doesnít go away itís the same every day some days slightly worse than others but only a little, it started when I had a series of panic attacks about 3 years ago I was put on cipramil(ssri)and some kind of downers (donít remember what ones) this cleared it up for some time then I stopped the downers and it came back since then Iíve been on Zoloft, Effextor I think they helped a little but nothing great so I stopped Iíve been off meds now for about 3 months but the light headedness is still the same so now I going to try cybalta. Doctors donít want to give me downers which is frustrating as I think they where the only reason the light headedness went away the Zoloft and Effextor made the anxiety a little worse.

What I want some advise on really is whether this light headedness could be coursed by something other the anxiety I havenít had a panic attack for a long time and can get on with my daily life with no problems although the light headedness is always there so this stresses me out on a daily basis? Can anyone give me some ideas on what I should be tested for? Iíve had all the blood tests the obvious ones anyway but thatís it, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If it is anxiety STILL coursing the light headedness then are there any other forms of treatment other than anti depressants Iím willing to try anything I will add that Iíve change my life style I exercise regularly eat well and donít drink much so Iím looking after myself pretty well.

Hereís a little run down on my symptoms

The light headedness is pretty much constant all day

Knots in my stomach

Bit of wind

Blurry vision sometime pretty bad

Slight lack of energy

Other than that I feel pretty good not depressed really sometime a little because of the light headedness anyway I want to cover every possible course and possible ways to get over this its been to long and is starting to really **** me of any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
(female)

DX- HB User
Re: need help light headed all the time

Jimmylast,

You don't say what kind of doctors you've been to -- GPs? Neurologists? And you don't say whether you've gotten second opinions, or...?

The kind of doctor who could tell you whether your panic attacks or anxiety were a real cause of your problem would probably be a psychiatrist.

Consider trying a doctor with a specialty related to your symptoms, but not the same as the doctor(s) you have already seen. A different point or view, or approach, may be more helpful. When you go, make a list of the drugs you have taken, and your experience with them, as best you can remember. That will be something the doctor can use to try to help with a diagnosis.

good luck to you.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:23 AM   #3
(male)

jimmylast HB User

I've been to several psychiatrist all of them have given me some sort of medication and none have worked.I'm looking into seeing other doctors but would still like to know what to get tested for?

Old 06-16-2005, 05:11 AM   #4
(female)

mstwisted1 HB User

Maybe way off the mark, but...my ex-husband has Meniere's (sp) disease. His symptoms are tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo, light headedness, nausia, and vomiting. He has lost 90 percent of the hearing in one ear. You didn't say that you had any hearing problems, but his didn't come till after the vertigo/lightheaded/vomiting thing. Just a thought.

Old 07-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #5
(female)

katie_b HB User

I have somethign called dysautonomia. It's a miscommunication between the brain and other organs in your body. The type I have mostly affects my heart.
I have dizzy spells, lightheadedness, and frequent fainting.
One thing I would chack is your blood pressure and pulse when your symptoms get worse. If you have low blood pressure or a high pulse, let me know and I'll get you more info.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:32 AM   #6
(male)

jimmylast HB User

Thanks for the replys...

I maily feel pritty healthy I play sports and I'm pritty active so I get the feeling its in my head or some sort of balance issue

I do have slightly high blood pressure, not sure about my pulse but I think its normal

I will ask my doctor to send me for a table tilt test thats somthing ive been meaning to do.

doc has now percriped me another drug risperdal which I will not take arfter reading up on it.

cheers

Closed Thread