It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2005, 05:28 AM   #1
(female)

formerlsa HB User
Thumbs down has anyone ever had this happen your large whole toenail falls off?

Hi everyone, I felt I needed to post this to see if anyone knew anything about this. My toenails seemed normal except the big one looked a bit yellow. I went for a pedicure she said it was just from using dark nailpolish.She said it wasn't fungus, I'm not sure I believe her. I showed her that I had a line across the bottom of the nail, she said that was a new nail. OK I'm confused. She said I must of injured it. It could be from running around at work with my toe hitting my sneaker. OK. So, i leave the salon. In a few days I notice the whole entire toenail is coming off on the bottom and side, it is just waiting to peel of the edge!!! Then I will have no toenail at all for the whole summer!! I am freaking out. I put a bandaid on it to keep the nail look like it is on, plus it hurts. Is this going to hurt when the nail is gone and does anyone know why this would happen???? Do I need to do to the doctor what should I do? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User
Re: has anyone ever had this happen your large whole toenail falls off?

This just happened to my sister! she was playing around in the shower and slipped (don't read on if you are squimish) her toe got cought on the drain. Her toenail went one way and her toe went another. It has been 3-4 weeks and the toenail fell of sunday. My sister said it doesn't hurt. The new nail is starting to grow in. It just looks a little gross. We talked with my grandma who was a nurse and she said it should be fine it will just take a while to grow in. If you are worried about it I would go see a doctor though. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread