It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
(male)

SarafanMelchiah HB User
Left Ear feeling clogged/pressure.

Hello, for months now my left ear has had a pressure feeling/clogged feeling like there is something in there, or that it feels like it needs to pop, but never does. The pressure varies at times, from mild to severe. One odd thing I notice if I do something like look down and start reading a page, the pressure seems to build.. I don't know if it's related but I also have major twitching in my eyelids (mainly right eye). On occasion I feel dizzy/lightheaded, though this may just be me having a panic attack which I'm prone to getting.

There is 3 things I've been thinking of that could be possible causes...though I'm not sure if any of them are really possibilites or not.

A doctor years back told me I had allergies, but I took claratin 24 hour early today and it didn't take away the pressure...is it possible for your ear to to plugged/pressure from allergies but not go away when you take medication?

The other thought is I strain my eyes all the time, majorly always on the PC, TV, Games and books...could severe eyestrain cause ear pressure.

3rd thing...I have 3 wisdom teeth left 1 of which (bottom left) I know for a fact has a cavity and becomes infected quite alot and swells up majorly unless I take my daily Vitamin C pill.. And I suspect the others may have forming cavities in them.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Left Ear feeling clogged/pressure.

Most likely you have allergies. One pill of anahistamine will not unplug the ear, usually takes 2 weeks taking anahistamines for them to work well. You may see results in a few days but not from just one pill.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2005, 12:01 PM   #3
(female)

Miss L HB User

Hi there you could also have TMJ problems

miss L

Old 06-26-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I also think taking a decongestant might help get rid of this feeling in your ears. It sure wouldn't hurt to try.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
(male)

SarafanMelchiah HB User

TMJ problems? Whats that?

Anyways I've been taking some claritin for a week or so now...still waiting for some clearing.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #6
(female)

Miss L HB User

TMJ is your Temporomandibular joint its the joint that alows your jaw to move, i went to the doctors for months with a clogged ear feeling, was given lots of decongestants ended up with nasal sprays antibiotics you name it i had it and there was not a thing wrong with my sinuses. Then my face started to get sore , do you suffer any pain in your face ears neck shoulders? eny temple headaches or headaches at the back of your head? i know it sounds starnge but the TMJ is right besides your ear so if its inflamed you do get a feeling of clogged ears have a wee look on the net theres lots about it! it was my first symptom.

I would think after a few months of decongestants you would have had some relief by now its only a thought best wishes and i hope you get to the bottom of it!

Miss L

Old 11-13-2006, 05:25 AM   #7
(male)

Bpatwo HB User

I took an anahistmine for a stuffy ear and it created problems with my bowl movement. Any ides why?

Closed Thread