It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
(male)

canada_josh HB User
Dizzy at random times when I stand up

Every so often...for a couple days to months...I will stand up and become dizzy for about 5to 6 seconds. its quite scary...as I have to hold something to stay up...and it makes almost a fuzzy noise as I'm dizzy..only 6 seconds max though...anyone else experience this?

Old 07-04-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
(female)

DX- HB User
Re: Dizzy at random times when I stand up

Josh,

You should get yourself to the doctor and let them check you out. They'll run some tests, and you can request the test results and then research them.

You might also try looking at the symptom websites to see if there are other symptoms that might accompany the light headedness. Find a list of symptom websites at diagknowsis.org and at *****.com .

Keep us posted....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2005, 10:58 PM   #3
(male)

canada_josh HB User

well from the symptoms...it looks like I have low blood pressure...I always wondered why my hands were cold as ice heh thanks for the links...definately will bring this up next doctors appt

Old 07-05-2005, 12:47 AM   #4
(female)

meatball HB User

Have the docs check your blood sugar too.. you could be feeling dizzy from hypoglycemia.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

It may be postdural hypotension which is a sudden drop in blood pressure that occurs when you stand up too quickly. It is common.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-03-2005 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Do not assume to make a diagnosis. You don't know what is really wrong.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #6
(female)

chick58 HB User

hi josh, iam also hypotensive, i don't want to scare you but it can be very dangerous for people with this condition .if you do not mind i would like to tell you what happened to me . iwas feeling fine made my way to the bank and within 10 minutes of standing in the line up i started to feel faint ,the next thing i knew was the ambulance had been called as i had fallen backwards onto the concrete floor and was rushed to the hospital. the results were that my blood pressurehad dropped down so fast it caused me to have the fall ,ending up with the back of my head split open and required 5 stiches,also i had a concussion and had given myself a whiplash .this happened to me in nov.2003 and it took months for the swelling to go down in the back of my head before the headaches went away.it wasn't until springtime that i really started to feel better.now it is no standing in lineups anywhere i go also you have to be very careful when you get up from sleeping or sitting to long iam telling you this because iwouldn't want anyone to go through what i did.also inever realized that your blood pressure could drop that fast ,and cause so much damage ps are you from canada ?because iam peace and freedom from pain sandy

Old 08-19-2005, 07:24 AM   #7
(female)

pursephone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat77
It may be postdural hypotension which is a sudden drop in blood pressure that occurs when you stand up too quickly. It is common.
Yeah, I was told that's what it was when I experienced it. Usually happens to me when I stand up from laying down for a while.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:20 PM   #8
(female)

True Babyboomer HB User

It could be a number of things that cause low blood pressure. You should get to a DR and have a check up. My mom was having dizzy spells and they found her heart rate was very low sporadically. She needed a pacemaker after she blacked out and broke two ribs when she fell.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User

This can also be a side effect of certain medications.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:33 AM   #10
(female)

Robin@Home HB User

This could also be something called vasovagal syncopy. I've been tested for this - and it sounds like you may want to explaore this as well. If you have someone that can take your blood pressure - try taking it sitting down, record the data, then stand up and take the reading again. If you do this a few times - and you see a change in your blood pressure from sitting to standing - you may need to have a tilt table test. For this you need to see a cardiologist in most cases.

Just something to explore.

Best of luck, and blessings.

Closed Thread