It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
(female)

cornell2010 HB User
Hit head, feeling weird

Two days ago I was swimming in my pool and I did a flip in the water by the end and I hit the top of my head against the side. I had temporary dull pain in that spot for a little bit but was fine after. Then last night I started getting a headache and now today I have a "confusion" type headache, it's weird... I feel dizzy and my head feels scrambly or something. Not to mention my neck hurts.. mostly in the back but somewhat in the front too. It's also stiff, I can't bend it far. I feel nauseous as well. What does this mean? Is this bad? I don't have a fever or anything but my friend told me I should see a doctor or go to ER because something could be going on internally in my head that could persist into something more severe. Help!

Old 07-28-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User
Re: Hit head, feeling weird

I would take your friend's advice. I work with neurologically, traumatically head injured patients at a Level II Trauma Center in Florida. While I doubt that you did serious injury, I don't know precisely where you struck your head and how fast you hit the side of the pool when it happened. Better to be safe than have a subdural bleed. Go to the doctor or get to the ER. The symptoms are a bit unnerving.chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2005, 10:00 PM   #3
(female)

cornell2010 HB User

Hey, thanks for responding. I think I will go to the ER tomorrow or my doctor but I hit my head pretty hard. I flipped backwards in the water pretty fast and slammed into the side of the pool. I hit the very top of my head. And, I don't know if this is in relation but my upper arm muscles and leg muscles ache and hurt when i grip stuff since then as well.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I definitely would follow cflas's advice and go to the ed or your doc for a full eval on your head.At the very least you could have suffered a concussion.a CT or MRI would be the place to start.you ARE showing signs of head injury.Please keep us posted.FB

Closed Thread