It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
(male)

chopchop! HB User
Exclamation Stomach aches/diarrea/vomiting in morning

I really hate this when this happens every morning when I wake up to go to school. First thing when I wake up, I have this really bad stomach ache. And when I get up to go to the bathroom to get ready in the morning I have these dry hacks (vomiting). Eating breakfast in the morning is a pain because I always feel like vomiting. I know I should eat so I try my hardest to eat everything on my plate. Then what's more I have diarrea that goes along with all of this. This only happens in the morning and it's been going on for the past two weeks. What the hell is the cause of this? What did I catch? Someone help me because it is torturing me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: Stomach aches/diarrea/vomiting in morning

Does this only happen on school days? If so it maybe anxiety related GERD, IBS, etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 08:54 PM   #3
(female)

qwerty1970 HB User

Do you perhaps subconsiously hate or fear school? I had the same thing at school age (although it wasn't entirely subconscious). I would usually come close to missing or miss the bus due to being in the bathroom feeling sick (up or down). I have since learned that it's anxiety - though it has affected me in other ways in my olden days. Sometimes I get the same symptoms from work...An understanding doctor can help.

Last edited by qwerty1970; 09-20-2005 at 08:55 PM.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I have the same feeling in the mornings. I have had this for 3 weeks now and it is driving me crazy.

It may be anxiety that is triggering IBS.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:38 AM   #5
(male)

chopchop! HB User

Well... I'm back from seeing the doctor. Another thing that I forgot to mention to you all is that I have a four year history of anxiety disorder. I've been currently off the medication lexapro for about two months. My FCP said this(the stomach aches) might be a physical manifestation of the anxiety. I agreed because two weeks after quiting the medication, I have been feeling a little anxious.( But not full blown panic attacks, just GAD)
So it's been hard because this type of medication is a disqualification to enter the Air Force which I've been trying to do. Though, I have other career choices. Currently I'm going to college for four years and getting a degree in computer science. My ultimate goal is to join the Air Force and become an officer. It's been like a family tradition for me because all of my brothers are in the military and not only do I want to keep that tradition, I want to have a rewarding career. There's still a chance for me to go in though because my docter said (military doctor) that lexapro just might be acceptable by the military again(God willing).
So it was really not worth suffering again just for that when I still might have a chance.

Closed Thread