It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2005, 09:41 PM   #1

JustdontknowY HB User
Question why do i peel my skin?

I have been peeling the skin off my feet since i was 12. i am now 27.. and i have never stopped. i have tryed to so many times but i just go back to it.
i do it so much, at times it hurts to walk. i dont know what is wrong with me. i cannot believe im going to say this but i like to chew on my skin after peeling it.. i know its nasty but i think it the texture i like about it.. but i hate it. my feet are so ugly and my boyfriend thinks if i put socks on it will help me stop.. but i have tryed that.. at times i catch myself cutting and peeling and not even realize im doing it till i peel too deep. i do this with both feet. they are so red, scabby and rough. i have read a little about feet peeling on here, but all i have seen is people doing it for only a few months... it seems i have been doing it for a lifetime.. i dont get it from anyone in my family, its just me.. i started out using clippers, then i went to using a pocket knife. when i do let them heal, which isnt very long, my new skin is soo very hard and its like i need to cut it off.... but i just want to know if someone out there can give me some advise on this or if someone else has this problem...
but its not just the peeling/ cutting... its the chewing the skin after also.
PLEASE help me.....

Justdontknowy

Last edited by JustdontknowY; 09-30-2005 at 09:52 PM. Reason: need to change title

Old 10-01-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User
Re: why do i peel my skin?

This sounds very much like some other issues such as cutting, hair pulling etch. I suggest that you start seeing a therapist, who will work with you on stopping the behavior.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2005, 07:32 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deepsouth HB User

This may be a form of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). It is very treatable with therapy and medication. The med used is usually an antidepressant. Good luck. You can beat this!

Old 10-10-2005, 05:36 AM   #4
(male)

nezkeys79 HB User

i do the same with my lips. For some reason I keep peeling the skin off both my upper and lower lips. Sometimes I will pull off too much and they will bleed, and sometimes a black mark will appear which I presume is to do with what I am doing?

anyone else do this?

Closed Thread