It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
(male)

tylerwar HB User
lump/knot

I am sorry for the length of this post, but please bare with me.

3 Nights ago (Friday October 28), in mid-day I began to feel a strange sensation in my chest. At first this sensation felt almost as if i had some gas that wouldn't go down, or like a pocket of air in my chest that neeeded to be burped up. So I did what any normal person would do and pour'd myself a glass of water and promptly drank it down. Unfortunately this didn't work and the "bubble" seemed to stay where it was, so i tried eating, drinking pempto bismal, etc... and still this little pocket of or bubble would not wash down into my stomach.

Over the next 2 hours this sensation in my chest became more and more painful and it began to feel more like a "knot" more so than simply some gas or a pocket of air that had to go down (or come up). Infact this wasn't moving. And it got to the point where everytime I took a breath in I could feel my lungs pressing against something. By hour 3 or 4 i was really getting worried, the lump I was feeling in my chest was extremely painful and making it hard for me to take breathes in. I ended up walking to the store on the corner (as I had lost my cellphone the week before) to have them call an ambulance. By the time I was in the store the chest pain was so bad that I could barely breath or walk.

I was taken to the hospital and continued to have extreme chest pains in the hospital for nearly 4 hours. Doctors didn't know what it was and just kind of wheeled me off to the side and left me there (they had more serious things to deal with i guess). Needless to say the sensation was so uncomftorable that even when the pain started to die off I had a really hard time sitting or laying still because I could still feel this "lump" or "knot" in the centre of my chest. Squirming around for nearly 8 - 10 hours really exhausted me and by this point I really just wanted to goto sleep.

Finally after being at the hospital for about 5 hours they took me in for a chest x-ray (at this point I was feeling much better and could barely feel the lump/knot in my chest). Of course the x-rays showed nothing, and the doctor said he thinks i might have pulled a muscle in my chest. At this point they give me some painkillers and send me home. My parents drive me home and I have a warm bath and goto sleep.

The next (Saturday) day I woke up, thinking that the thing from the night before was just some freak health issue that won't come back. So I get ready for a haloween party I am due to goto that day. Within 2 - 3 hours of being awake the same feeling starts to come back into my chest, except it feels slightly lower in my chest, almost just above my stomach, but at the bottom of my chest. I go out for dinnner with a friend and by the time dinner is over it feels almost as if the knot/lump is in the lower right of my stomach. Much more comftorable than it being in my chest, but still an ackward sensation.

Skip ahead a few hours, we go out to the bar to have some fun, etc. A few of us are out on the dance floor, and at this point something very strange happens, it feels as if the knot/lump has moved into the upper part of my right leg, and my right leg becomes extremely tingly and almost numb like. I excuse myself and goto the bathrooms. When I get to the bathroom I begin to feel very light headed, my vision starts to go, my whole body becomes very heavy and weak to the point where i can't hold myself up anymore and and as far as i can tell i blackout and fall to the ground because the next thing I know someone is helping me to my feet up off the ground.

At this point I realise i have to go home. One of my friends is leaving early so i decide to hunt them down and catch a ride home. At this point It feels as though the lump/knot that was in the top of my leg is making its way back up into my chest, and then finally up to my shoulder, my neck, and then to my head, at which point a BRUTAL headache comes on, the likes of which I have never ever felt before. I can literally feel a pressure moving around in my head.

The pressure in my head was like nothing I have ever felt before. If it was on the right side of my head then the entire right side of my face felt dead or extremely waited down, i could barely open my eye on my right side, and it felt like there was a spear going from my right eye out the top of my back, like it was pinning that side of me to a wall or soemthing. It's very hard to put into words teh pain i was feeling. Then, the pressure woudl feel like it might move out of my head, the pressure/pain in my head would lifted. However the lump/knot felt like it would move down my neck/jaw, into my shoulder, then perhaps to the other side back up my neck and into the other side of my head where all of a sudden that side would get completely weak, hard to open the eye on the left side...hard to talk, extremely weighted down, etc...

I know this all sounds strange, but i could literally feel this knot/lump/pressure moving through my system, it would move into my neck, down into my shoulders, into my chest, into my back, up my back, into the nap of my neck, and then into my head again, at which point it would feel likea tone of bricks had been slammed onto my head, a pole driven through my head, etc... Sometimes it would stay in 1 spot for longer, and sometimes it would move around moretimes than others, but i was definately moving.

Today is (Monday) and I as i write this i can feel the knot/lump in the left side of my upper chest. Sunday I slept so much that I don't even remember much of that day. However the lump/knot seems to get worse as the day goes on.

Does anyone have any ideas of what this might be??? Could this be a moving blood clot of some sort?? Everytime they take my blood pressure, etc.. they say i am normal. Sometimes as welll the knot/lump feels like it moves into my stomach at which point I feel extremely nauseeaus and weak and it makes me buckle over.

Any ideas???? anyone????

tyler.
(vancouver, bc).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2005, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

DaVinci HB User
Re: lump/knot

Don't want to worry you however perhaps you can get a comprehensive stool analysis(CSA). Check for parasites/tapeworms. I know, yuck but it is a possibility.

Closed Thread