It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #1
(male)

omega47 HB User
Body odor, acne, bad breath

What is wrong with me? it all started at age 15 im now 20, i have acne, bad breath and bad body odor. i really don't know what to do.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
(female)

MandyPandy HB User
Re: Body odor, acne, bad breath

Could be a number of things from hormones to allergies to a vitamin or medicine you are taking. Have you been on any medications for the past 5 years? Have you had your hormone levels or allergies tested? Do you have any other reason to beleive that you have a hormone problem or allergy problem?

If you have not talked to a doctor about thsi and it is bothering you then it really would be worth talking to him/her.

Take care & good luck,
Amanda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
(male)

RockDiesel HB User

I would suggest checking your diet and nutrition. These can play a role in things like body odor and bad breath. What is your water intake. Bad breath is often a sign of not drinking enough water. Trying increasing your water intake to help combat the bad breath.

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-03-2005 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Edited to remove signature. Posting website addresses violates board rules, even in your signature. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Old 11-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Perspiration by itself is basically odorless, but it is the bacteria and odors coming from other sources that are the real culprits. Anaerobic bacteria, which flourish when your body doesn't have enough oxygen, may well be the cause of your body odor. As the body's metabolism goes to work, it gives off odors which is the body's way of ridding itself of waste products. Any imbalances in metabolism will result in stronger odors. We are bombarded with toxins in our homes, food, and air that accumulate in the body when the organs of elimination cannot dispose of them. The liver and intestines may be clogged up, causing odors to emanate from the body. Dietary imbalances, resulting in constipation or a deficiency of magnesium or zinc may be other causes of body odor. Some people who eat large quantities of meat or who are vegetarians have a very distinctive body odor which can be quite offensive. Some individuals cannot metabolize foods containing large amounts of choline, such as eggs, fish, liver and legumes. The result is a "fishy" smell. Certain foods and drinks, such as onions, garlic, curry, certain spicy foods, coffee and alcohol, are also prime causes. Fried and baked goods may contain rancid fats and oils that lead to body odor. Sweat glands (apocrine glands) under the arms and in the groin secrete a substance that is the major non-food/drink related cause of body odor. This substance, which contains protein, carbohydrates, and lipids, often secreted by a surge in sex hormones caused by tense moments or emotional stress, is quickly attacked by bacteria, causing odor. Change in hormones may lead to body odor. Excessive sweating may be caused by such as low blood sugar, liver disease, diabetes, parasites, metabolic dysfunction, menopause, or emotional stress (anger, fear, excitement). Excessive sweat may be on the forehead, palms, soles of the feet or the underarms. Other possible cause of body odor... Kidney disease, Liver disease, Fungal infections, Refined sugar feeds bacteria and fungus on the skin.

Old 11-04-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
(female)

Luvme4me HB User

That was very good information. I suffer witht he sweaty armpits and I'm 36 y/o. It's been this way since I was 11 y/o. Just recently I read that I may have Hyperhidrosis : It's an abnormal state of excessive sweating or perspiration beyond the normal needs of the body. I've tried all deordorants. I've asked doctors, nurses and PA's and all of them have stated there's nothing that can be done. In reading one of the old post on this site a few months ago I saw that Drysol was a good choice. I found it didn't do anything for me. In further research I see that there are plenty of people that suffer with such disorders as excessive sweating, bad breath and body odor. And never have I read until today about changing my diet, and using herbs. I guess I feel my situation is chronic and I'm to the point of being tired of it. It's not very pretty being a woman and sweating like that. I will try some of the suggestions on this site. Meanwhile, I've discovered that my moods cause my heavy or excessive sweating. So, I must make some changes in how I cope with the stresses in my life. I agree that going to see a doctor to make sure all medical problems have been ruled out. I've done that and medically they say I'm healthy. I was told bad breath can be decay of a tooth or teeth, gum disorders, fungus. I've also read that cleansing our insides and riding our bodies of the toxins can definately help with the order. But as for the arm pit sweating, I've tried it all but the herbs & diet. I shall give it a whirl and keep you posted. Good luck.

Old 11-12-2005, 09:25 AM   #6
(female)

springbreak HB User

Dear Omega 47, what you are describing sounds like too much yeast in your body. do some research on the yeast topic.

Closed Thread