It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2005, 06:57 AM   #1
(male)

availingfaith HB User
Tender lump above adams apple.

Wednesday I noticed a swollen lymph node under my jaw on the left side. I also had a feeling of fatigue and a cold sore on the left side of my mouth. I also got my flu shot the same day, but after the above symptoms were present.

Thursday I noticed a tender, swollen lump more to the middle of my throat. About a half inch up from my Adam's apple and slightly to the right of middle. I thought it was another swollen node till I did some research and don't think there is a node there. It's hard and tender when I press on it. Last night I got a very slight ear ache in my left ear, so slight I'm sure if even to list it.

Upon waking up the lump seems to have gotten slightly bigger. I know I should leave it alone but I cant seem to stop feeling it, so the growth may be due to that.

I don't have a fever.

I am the caregiver of my wife who has a brain injury and I don't have any help till Monday. So I don't want to expose her to the stuff in an ER if I don't need to.

Any ideas?

Last edited by availingfaith; 11-12-2005 at 06:57 AM.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:01 AM   #2
(male)

rollingstone HB User
Re: Tender lump above adams apple.

You may be exposing her to something if you dont go to the doctor today. Could you have some type of virus happening? I dont know if this is the begining of a goiter or whats happening to you but I think its in your best interest to be seen either today or the begining of next week. Cant you hire a nurses aide to sit with your wife while you go to the doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread