It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2005, 01:25 AM   #1
(male)

sortie HB User
need help with body odor

my body gives off a terrible odor when i sleep. the smell is like a mixture of heavy sweating and a skunk. great huh? it's not an imaginary odor either, it's very real. it's so bad it wakes me up sometimes. the window in my bedroom is open 24/7 and the ceiling fan is almost always on. yet the air in there is very hard to breathe.

i went to the doctor about it but he said to watch my diet and keep showering. i just stared at him. my diet is almost vegetarian like. im in pretty shape. i shower thoroughly, twice a day, and when i step out of the shower i am fine. it's when i sleep is where the problem lies.

anyways, my bedroom door remains closed throughout the day so that the smell cant get into the rest of my apartment. sometimes i sincerely wish that i could sleep on the couch - where the air is much cleaner - and i know i could get a good nights rest. but i would just stink up my living room then. so i endure it and go to my bedroom to sleep. this cant be normal can it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2005, 03:07 AM   #2
(male)

dutch-ny HB User
Re: need help with body odor

Is the smell in the room? In the air? IN the Walls? Does the smell from your skin? You have a lot of gas from your diet.? The house you are in might have mold or mildew and therefore have a foul smell. In the air, is the entire area of your house smell or only your bedroom? If the problem is only in one room and not air borne try sleeping is some other room to test where the problem is comming from !!!!! If the smell is ok if sleeping elsewhere then it is not you but the bedroom or the open window.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2005, 03:40 AM   #3
(male)

sortie HB User

its me somehow. if i sleep somewhere else then that place will stink. particularly it's my upper body, from the chest on up.

Old 11-25-2005, 04:34 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

hi Sortie, how old are you? How long has this been going on for you? Maybe you need to do a colon cleanse. Sometimes our body gets toxic and it needs to cleaned out from the inside out. ;o) You can do this a number of ways throug diet. Just type in detox in a search engine and see what you think.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
(male)

sortie HB User

im 29 and male, its been going on for about 10 months. im a pretty clean person besides this problem - a problem i cannot control. recently i cleaned the wax out of my ear. it was darker in color than what i remember. i smelled it real quick and it smelled very foul. this makes me wonder if theres something in my head thats rotting away. and when i sleep, maybe my pores open and release the smell i dont know.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:25 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

The outside of your body is clean, so maybe the inside needs cleansing. You can cleanse your body by eating fresh fruit and vegtables and salads for aprox 7 days. Drink only water, about 8 glasses or more a day. you can get an herbal cleanse at health food stores to take during a cleanse. Sounds to me like your colon needs to be cleansed. If you decide to be adventerous and try this, you may experience some fatigue and flu like symtoms for the first 3 days, after that you should feel great. You'll be surprised, you should feel better and smell lots better when your done. Look up detox on a search engine and do some research.

Old 11-26-2005, 03:25 AM   #7
(male)

dutch-ny HB User

This started about 10 months ago? What has changed with you from 1 year ago? What are you doing different? I have heard of a condition [although I do not know the name] where excessive sweating becomes the norm? Therefore the odor?Have you been checked for diabeties. Reason! When my blood sugar level is high I sweat terrible ,the bed is soaked pillow etc. Have the time to research medical conditions that may explain your problem? Side effects of conditions might get you going in the right direction!

Old 11-26-2005, 04:58 AM   #8
(male)

sortie HB User

hanna i'll look into that and MAYBE try it. my diet is almost vegetarian like already but who knows.

dutch, nothing has changed. no diabeties. i dont actually sweat that much. in mornings i can feel around and everything is dry. my pillow is always dry and clean, except for of course the stink. health-wise, once about a year ago i had a case of vertigo. i woke one day and everything was literally spinning. it blew my mind and i started panicking. for a few days after i was light-headed, but i got better and things are ok. sometimes im light-headed if i turn my head too fast. and i get headaches. but all that is attributed to my smoking i think. i smoke a lot, about a pack and a half a day. my head feels stuffy a lot. maybe i have a tumor or something dying in my head.

Old 11-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

Could it be sinus? Even vegtarians need to cleanse.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:33 AM   #10
(male)

sortie HB User

hi hanna. ok i looked up detox on google and it looks interesting. most of the sites are selling something, usually 4 bottle programs for about $80. so taking this stuff will detoxify my body? and its what i need? ive never even heard of detoxing before but if you think it will help ill try it.

Old 12-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

Hi Sortie,
There are some cheaper ways to cleanse. I just wanted you to look up the information on detoxing. You can detox by eating fresh fruit and raw veggies and salads. If you have a sensitive stomach to raw veggies, cook them. EAT as much as you want for 3 to 7 days. You can find cheaper herbs for detoxing at health food stores. I never pay for those expensive detoxing programs on the net. Its not in my budget. Drink only water or teas while detoxing. Besure to take hot showers and brush your skin. you can get natural brushes for brushing the skin, or purchase a luphah (sea foam). Take a natural laxitive too.
OK, there you have it in a nutshell. ;o) Let me know how you do. It should clean out your lympatic system and your colon. Remember you will experience some die-off reactions. Fatigue, joint aches, etc. It will pass by the 3rd day.
Good luck,
Nana

Old 12-04-2005, 07:55 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

I have not read the entire thread so someone may have said this but...and this is just a thought....asparagus makes for some really strange odors coming from the body! You said you eat almost all veggies...try not eating that and see what happens...Anyway...just a thought...

Old 10-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #13
(male)

eliuser HB User
Gatorade, Gatorade, Gatorade

Hello.

This is an old post but I had very similar symptoms to the person who posted under the name Sortie- even an attack of vertigo just like he had.

I did a lot of research on the internet and none of it did anything. Some smell would come off of me during times of stress and there was nothing I could do to stop it. The more I thought of it the more it occurred. Meetings were the worst.

The solution: Gatorade, Gatorade, Gatorade.

For whatever reason, it stops this from happening. Potassium deficiency? I don't know but it worked and I just wanted to post in case someone else with a similar problem reads this.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #14
(male)

eliuser HB User
on cleansing

Also- I would avoid a cleanse like the plague. That may very well damage your system even more. Just my opinion.

Closed Thread