It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
(male)

basspaleale HB User
random muscle spasms?

for the past three-ish weeks I've been having random muscle spasms all around my body, from my face, to my ear, to my shoulder, to my knee, to my leg, to my foot.....basically everywhere in my entire body. These are in spots I can't control or anything. I've been looking it up online, and I've been running across things that are scaring the crap out of me such as ALS and MS. I hope that isn't even a possibility considering I am only 20 years old, but these spasms are pretty dramatic, happening pretty exclusively when I'm sitting down or lying down (but I'm not 100% sure on that) Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, while at times it happens a few times a minute. Should I plan to see a doctor immediately? Doesn't seem to be going away....I doubt it's sleep or caffeine related too (even though I am sleep deprived occasionally and drink a lot of caffeine it still happens when I sleep plenty and drink none(. The only pills I am taking are vitamins.

Any advice or similar situations? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: random muscle spasms?

Just a couple things.first,don't go searching the net before you have a Dx as this alone can make you crazy,really.there are so many strange and really bizarre things out there that have your particular type of symptoms that also have many many other symptoms to go along with them,so what you are experiencing is just a very very small part of what would be needing a whole bunch of other symptoms added to them to make you actually HAVE anything like ALS or MS.those chances are always there but really really remote,K?

secondly,have you had any labs run recently that included the magnesium and potassium levels??These are really the two biggest culprits for sudden onset muscle twitches and actual contortions of body parts,really.my son had a very low magnesium(of course we didn't know it at the time) but one night,out of the blue his L arm started twitching a little and then all of the sudden he developed this really incredible combo of actual snappy like contortions and hand spasms,talk about bizarre.he HAD ,just three days prior,been Dxed with low potassium and was on meds to increase that but they had not checked his mag level.we ended up going to the ER that evening as these just wouldn't stop and just became much worse(his hand kept snapping back and forth,really freaky)anyways,when they did some more lab work they discovered that his mag was really really low and so we started him on what is called mag ox 400.after just the next day,all the bizarre spams and twitching just stopped.and he was fine.Soooo,i would really suggest a trip to your doc to discuss this and your concerns.he will probably check the levels of what I just mentioned just to see what is up.This is the most likely culprit,but it could be other minor things too.anything like what you are experiencing should always be evaluated just to make sure it is nothing serious.the chances of this being some major condition or disease are really pretty minimal but just to be safe,really should be evaled for the possible cause.let me know just what you find out,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread