It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
(male)

jimmy65 HB User
Dry Mouth, Dry Blood

Hi, I have had a problem for several years, I wake up most mornings with my teeth and lips covered in dry blood, sometimes it's just a little, while other times it's more. My mouth usually does not bleed during the day but I do get dry mouth during the day which I take care of by drinking water and chewing sugarless gum. I have no pain. I have not been to see a doctor or dentist in years (this has been going on for a few years about 3-5) because I have a major phobia to anything medical. I don't really have a direct question but just want to see if anyone has any idea. I know that eventually need to get over my phobia and go see about this.
Thank You
Jim

Old 01-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User
Re: Dry Mouth, Dry Blood

I am 49 now but when I was in my early thirties, I used to wake up with dried blood on my mouth. My dentist said it was the start of gingivitis and gave me a thorough cleaning along with some oxidizing rinse to use for a couple of weeks.

It seemed to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2006, 05:33 AM   #3
(male)

jimmy65 HB User

Thank You.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

this could be coming from your gums or it could be as the result of possible nose bleeds that you could be getting while you are sleeping?trying to determine the excat cause would require knowing alot more info about this and you yourself.how are your teeth normally?do you practice good oral hygiene?Have you had any other abnormal or unusual types of symptoms?any pain anywhere at all,not just head related?This definitely is not something 'normal" to have happen espescially repeatedly.this could just be a dental issue or something involvingother body systems.If this continues,you really DO need to see your doc or dentist,despite the medical "fears" you may have.you do need to actually see medical professionals once in a while just to make sure everything is still okay in ther,ya know?I hope this is nothing major.just monitor it and then do what you need to do.please let us know how things are going.Try rinsing and swishing arounf some listerine everynight before bed after you brush your teeth and see if anything changes.good luck,FB

Old 02-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #5

kilpat HB User

If anyone suffers from dry mouth-and the problems it causes-
I found one product that is great-Stoppers4 dry mouth spray-
it is sold otc at all big drugstores, not expensive and works
tremendously...I hope this helps someone

Old 02-28-2006, 04:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

hey kil,i have been using that for a couple months.My dry mouth is caused by multiple problems.some due to spinal cord injuries that also affected my body system functions and the meds i am on.this stuff is about the best I have found out there too.it still doesn't work REALLY great,but it is by far the best out of the many I have actually attempted to try.FB

Closed Thread