It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

iyami HB User
clicking joints?

all of my joints click sometmes when i move (i.e. i jst moved my arm forwards and i heard a "click" in my shouldar), is that normal?

my joints sometimes hurt too, but im only 16, theyve been this way sense.. a long time, i dont know how long

my dcter doenst seem to think it means anything, but it still worries me, when i ws younger eh said "your just growing" but i ahvent grown (taller) in 3 years

i could just ahve joint pains from sleeping funny or when i used to do sports or from drawing too much.. but id still like to know sense its a symptom of so many helath-problems, is it also normal sometimes?

Old 02-20-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
(female)

waterspirit HB User
Re: clicking joints?

I dont have an answer for you, but I think I am dealing with the same thing. I will be 18 soon and its in my right knee instead. The pain has gotten so bad that I have colapsed right in the middle of walking. I have tried heating pads, ice packs, wraps, even soaking none of which havent helped. But it comes and goes. What scares me is ending up colapsing and getting hurt badly... which I havent yet. It makes me think that I have something in the wrong place, but because of my money issues I cant go to the doc.
I am sorry that I dont have an answer for you. I wish I did though.

Last edited by waterspirit; 02-20-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

iyami HB User

just an update, i found out i have Benign Hypermobility Join Syndrome (loose joints) sense i used to play soccer & many other active things, it just happend to effect my knee worst of all.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:59 AM   #4
(male)

wick98 HB User

I don't think I suffer from the same problem that you two do, but I do have a similar problem. Sometimes, when I'm laying down and I go to get up, I'll put pressure on my right knee. Whenever I stand up, it'll click, but it won't hurt. I don't know if it has anything to do with me playing soccer years ago, or what. I've never been the most active person (and I'm definitely not now, although I know I should be), and I've never injured my knee...

Old 08-31-2007, 06:10 AM   #5
(female)

cocoa76 HB Usercocoa76 HB User

I hope you all get some help soon. Do you take supplements like Glucosamine/Cod Liver Oil. I did and didnt think they helped some people swear by them though.

Have you tried using a TENS machine for comfort/pain-relief? ....Just an idea. Didnt work for me either, but some people feel it does.

I have same sort of thing. Im 30 and since I was about 10/11 years old (maybe earlier) as I walk my hands used to click it sounded like a snapping sort of noise. Now, when I walk my whole body clunks and clicks (as I call it). My neck, arms, shoulder blades, knees, waist, hands and hips make a horrid noise each time I walk. An embarassing noise that people do comment on and its embarassing and painful.

Every now and again I have to raise my hand in the air or lean to one side else I get terrible pains in my joints and doing this temporarily removes the achy pains. It also hurts when the weather is about to turn cold or rain.

I went to the doctor when I was 20 and she said her hands did the same thing and for some people it is normal. But now I get pains in my joints it doesnt feel 'normal'.

When I bend down I cant get back up again as my knees lock and I cant lift myself up into a standing position without assistance.

My sister 'clicks' in the same way but not as much and she is 4 years old than me.

Closed Thread