It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
(male)

J77 HB User
Imprints on skin taking a long time to 'disappear'?

When I have been leaning on something, or get up in the morning for example, I have imprints from the pillow on my face. Normally they go away quickly but the last few weeks they are definately staying for a very long time.

I am also having trouble sleeping and waking up in the middle of the night feeling like my heart is beating much weaker than normal. Also if I need to go to the bathroom (for #2) my heart also starts to feel like it gets weaker until I have gone to the bathroom and drunk some water.

Is anyone aware of any kind of condition these may be symptoms of? Please help if you have any ideas! Everyone thinks I'm crazy.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

Susannah HB User
Re: Imprints on skin taking a long time to 'disappear'?

Sounds like you might be dehydrated. Even if you're drinking enough water, you might not be holding on to enough of it. Try adding a little bit of sea salt to some of the water you do drink, it will help you retain water. Not having enough water in your system can cause your heart to race, or flutter. Your body also might try to compensate by making your heart work harder to pump what blood it does have (being low on water means you're low on blood volume), and it tells your heart to do that with hormones like cortisol and adrenaline. Cortisol can also cause the red marks on your face not to go away as quickly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Imprints on skin taking a long time to 'disappear'?

I totally agree with sus up there.try doing the "tenting' test?take the skin on the top of your hand and pinch it together with your fingers?then let it go.if it stays 'tented" you are dehydrated and need to drink more fluids.if it goes down almost right away,you need to really check this all out with your doc as to why you are having whats called in some cases,pitting edema.thats where you press your finger into like the skin around your ankles and when you pull your finger away,the skin stays pushed in?or "pitted".there could be many different reasons for the symptoms you have.seeing your doc for a full eval along with some very basic blood tests would really be the best thing to do at this point.it will reveal,hopefully if there is anything that is not functioning properly within one of your body systems.good luck and keep us posted.FB

Closed Thread