It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2006, 08:37 AM   #1

Tommy H HB User
Why are bones thin?

I'm not complaining i'm just curious. Why is it that my wrists, arm & leg bones etc. so much thinner than eveyrone else? I'm an 18 year old male.

I currently weigh about 124-125lbs, i was 111lbs before i started lifting weights.

For example, in my Spanish class. There's like 50 people in it, and only 2 people in it have wrists as small as me, and both of them are girls, and they are both about 5'4 or maybe even 5'2 i can't tell very well.

None of my family on either side have thin bones like me. Even my sister who is 5'3 has slightly larger wrists.

In fact i have never seen another male with smaller wrists, except for this one guy when i was working in a remedial clinic and he was paralyzed and in a wheelchair.

It doesn't matter to me but i am just curious why are my bones so thin?

Old 04-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: Why are bones thin?

You may just be small boned. My daughter has the opposite problem! Too bad you can't change bones with her! She complains hers are too big and they are big! Her wrists are 50% bigger than mine (like if we would squeeze our skin until we touch bone). She complains the same way as you only the opposite. And NO ONE on either side of OUR family has bones like hers either! Lifting the weights is a good idea! I wish I knew the answer, but the only thing I can say is that some people just have bigger bones than others, and there's not much that can be done short of gaining weight to add meat around them. Many 17, 18 year olds who were like you are now very nice looking men with great bodies (like at 35-40...), so while all your peers are getting fat, and growing bellies, you'll look terrific - I know it's not much comfort now, but you'll be thankful for this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread