It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 05:10 AM   #1
(male)

jeps1lon HB User
itchy anus...

Sorry for the graphic topic name, but i've recently had this problem of an itchy anus.

I randomly get urges to scratch the skin at or around my anus, i'm not sure what this area is called, but it's around my anus. Well, the itching sensation goes away after constant vigorous scratching (I hate to sound sadistic or sick, but my body and mind receive this gratification about scracthing the itch, i'm sure it's normal). I scratch with my fingers, I know, this sounds horrible and is very unhygienic, but it is unbelievably tempting and irritating to have this itch.

Well, i've also recently noticed, after i'm done eliminating my bowels, or pooping, while I check the feces on the toilet paper, i notice a very small amount of what appears to be blood. It isn't apparent on the actual feces itself, but only once i'm done wiping.

Is it possible that I have created hemorrhoids with my scracthing? Or what is going on here.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
(female)

veree HB User
Re: itchy anus...

Sounds like you do have hemmorhoids. Get yourself a hemm. product and I think it will take care of your problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

You might look into pinworms... those can cause itching.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
(female)

Texanne HB User

TG for the internet! Who do you talk to about something like this? Eeew. Well, I had a "friend"....who had this same problem...and the solution turned out to be losing the softy-fluffy toilet paper and switching to your basic Scott TP. The soft stuff clings hairs, uh-hum, etc...causing itching. My "friend" had tried creams, ointments, powders, etc... and even discussed it with a couple of very trusted friends, one of whom had had the same problem. This is the only thing that helped. Extended periods of using the "prettier" TP seems to bring on a relapse. Make sure no colors or dyes.

Good Luck!

Old 05-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #5
(male)

timmmtth11 HB User

My father was allergic to cashews and he told me that when once he ate them and got an itchy anal sphincter. ADOn't know if this helps maybe you are allergic to something. I think that I also have experienced what you are talking about, but only occasionmly.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #6
(female)

chiapatchie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeps1lon
Sorry for the graphic topic name, but i've recently had this problem of an itchy anus.

Well, i've also recently noticed, after i'm done eliminating my bowels, or pooping, while I check the feces on the toilet paper, i notice a very small amount of what appears to be blood. It isn't apparent on the actual feces itself, but only once i'm done wiping.

Is it possible that I have created hemorrhoids with my scracthing? Or what is going on here.
Hi Everyone!! (Yep, I'm a newbie...and, what a great place to find!! )

Aw shucks...just think, you may have saved 42 other gals and guys suffering with "itchy buns" from asking the same mortifying question! However, this just happens to be a very serious health issue FOR ME...constipation along with all the grief it frequently causes me!!

Anyhoo...I'll vote for the beginning of those **** awful ROIDS. YES! They itch, Itch, ITCH!! But, healthy bowels (and, their movement) are very important health issues...and, should NEVER be ignored--- no matter how bright a shade of red you turn for asking. You know the saying goes, "the only foolish question, is the one you DON'T ask!"

However, I'm going to advise you to see your health care provider just to make certain there is not another serious underlying cause for the BLOOD. Fecal blood usually cannot be see with the naked eye, only a lab test can determine that all is well and it IS a serious question especially for MEN regardless of your age. BE SAFE...get that little critter checked out!! OK??

But, LADIES, we are beginning to see trouble with our colons as well so please be cautious, too.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #7
(male)

jeps1lon HB User

haha thanks

Old 05-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #8
(female)

angelik_pistol HB User

u know i used to have that and went to an alternative health place and she said i had tiny parasites (and that most ppl have harmless ones) gave me some vitamins and it stopped, might wanna check into it.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:01 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

aswander HB Useraswander HB User

Itchy Anus is usually caused by pinworm (a small type of worm) or hemorroids.

Pinworms live inside your lower intestine, but at night, they crawl out to lay their eggs in the perianal skin because the eggs are temperature sensitive and it's cooler outside the body. They are highly contagious, and frequently are a cause of itchy anus in children due to hygeine. But they can easily be spread by children to adults. This is easily treatable - just call your doctor for a script. It's embarassing, but it's so common and can be easily treated. You wil have to wash everything howerver.

Also, to get a look at the buggers, wait until it's late at night, then stick a piece of scotch tape over your anus, then fold it together. They are super small, but you may be able to see the little buggers.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #10
(female)

RubySlippers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeps1lon
I randomly get urges to scratch the skin at or around my anus,

I bet you have pin worms. They are itchy devils that live in the intestine and sometimes something causes them to overproduce and come to the anus.

You'll need to see a doc for meds to treat the buggers and you'll need to wash everything (kind of like if you had head lice).

Hemroids (sp?) are caused by extra skin inside the anus turning outside and are quite itchy as well. I wouldn't think it would be this because your symptoms came on so fast.

Do the tape thing and bring it to your doc (in a sealed plastic bag )

Good luck. There is nothing worse than anal itching or vaginal itching (yeast infections). Get this fixed asap so you won't be miserable anymore!

Good luck
Angela

Old 05-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Okay I just can't resist...Guess we can all do like dogs do when they have an itch....

Just start scooting around the lawn....that take care of that itch

My thoughts are if you don't see blood on your stools then possibly you are just scartching too hard and you get blood on the T/P.....

Good Luck!!!

Old 06-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #12
(male)

ThundaStorm HB User

I have the same symptoms as the orginal poster did, and the blood only comes when I wipe, could it be though that I wipe too hard, because the blood only comes after later wipes and not the first 2 or 3...also is apparently FEELS like there is some extra skin near the anus, though I obviously can't see it to confirm that is what I am feeling...

Last edited by ThundaStorm; 06-26-2006 at 11:03 PM.

Closed Thread