It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #1

canuck11 HB User
How many of you have a compassionate doctor or been to one?

We hear so much about the bad doctors but how many of you have doctors who have gone beyond the call of duty or showed compassion?

I have been to a plastic surgeon in regards to hand/elbow problems. Not only is he good medically but also very compassionate. I could say if it wasn't for his support I could have been dead now. I was in a very abusive relationship and this surgeon really helped me. I often came in with injuries, sometimes on short notice, that he treated and not once did he say go see another doctor or go to the hospital. I had one or two bad experiences with being judged at a walk in clinic and became distrustful when seeking medical help. He always asked me how was I feeling and told me once if I had problems come and see him which I knew he meant about the abuse. Unfortunately this surgeon will be retiring mid-summer but his kindness will not be forgotten.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-07-2006 at 01:57 PM.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: How many of you have a compassionate doctor or been to one?

Yes, I have had a few doctors who were compassionate and very good. My ob/gyn of 30 years, delivered all 5 of our children. Also the pediatrician my ob/gyn recommended, both in another city but worth traveling to. Two dermatologist thru the years were great and compassionate. The dermatologists helped in other areas other than their field, very grateful for their direction and help.

Now I have the same problem you do, finding other doctors who are good and compassionate. My ob/gyn retired and later died, one dermatologist died and last dermatologist retired.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #3

canuck11 HB User

Polly Ann, I am sorry you had to endure that from the mean doctor. Afterall you were just trying to be friendly, small talk. Pretty rude response. I know how you feel. Once I had a doctor tell me 'I guess you enjoy being slapped around." I was shocked and hurt. That is great you found a plastic surgeon who was compassionate and went beyond the call of duty. Some would just ignore it. I am lucky that I also found a compassionate surgeon. Unfortunately he will be retiring the beginning of April but I have one more follow up with him. Yesterday I gave him a small gift and thank you card to show how much I appreciate his support and medical help. He didn't open it in front of me but just said 'Oh, thank you very much' and seemed quite pleased. I bet some of these doctors who are compassionate don't always get the credit they deserve.

Last edited by canuck11; 05-09-2006 at 07:14 PM.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

curiousforever HB User

I had a plastic guy that does elbow stuff that was excellant also! You're not in AZ are you?

Also I have a primary care doc who is excellent but he's being moved in June (hubby is military - and so is that doc).

I had an OB that delivered my 4th that was excellent also.

BUT I've had more bad ones that good.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #5

canuck11 HB User

Hi,

The plastic surgeon I go to lives in Canada.

Closed Thread