It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

DiabloChampion HB User
Popping Sound when Breathing In

It seems like everynight when I lie down to go to bed, when im breathing in its like somethings popping on my right side under my ribs as i breathe in (pops over and over as long as im breathing in.) Its kind of annoying, not sure if its something to worry about or not. Maybe its some kind of muscle problem? If you know anything please post it because id love to figure out what it is. Thanks!

Old 06-14-2006, 05:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Popping Sound when Breathing In

Have you had any sort of recent injury or taken any sort of a hit to the chest area?i am only asking as what you have described really kind of sounds like a possible symptom of actually having some free air between the skin and the ribs,or free air between the outer surface of the lungs and the underside of the ribs.either way,this really does need to be evaluated by your doc for the possible cause of this sound.they call it subcutaneous air,it is usually present when someone has some sort of trauma to the chest wall area that causes a very fine leak in the lung.or a penetrating wound to the chest that causes the outside air to get into that space.

At the very least here,i think a trip to your doc would be in order just to see where this sound is actually originating from.it could also actually be IN the lungs as a possible infection of some sort that is just making that sound upon an inspiration of air.

who knows,but the thing is,it is not a 'normal" type of sound to have when you breathe in so it needs to just be looked into.just make an appt with your doc.just by listening to your lungs at various spots,your doc should be able to at least pin down where this is comming from.good luck and please let me know what you find out,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

DiabloChampion HB User

Thanks for the help.
Anyways, no I havent had any recent injuries to the chest area. But I forgot to add that while im lying down when I can feel it, if I push on my ribs it makes the same popping feeling inside me. Its only on the right side. It never happens on the left. It almost feels like there is air there like you said making popping sounds. But it only happens when I lie down to go to bed at night.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I certainly hope that you see your doc about this,it really does appear that somehow some way you ended up with a small amount of actual air somewhere between the different layers of skin.cant say why but this is what it really does appear to be,to me anyays,I really cannot even thik of any other thing that could cuse this type of thing to actually occur.you just really DO need to have this evaluate by your doc.please let me know what you find out,K? good luck,marcia

Closed Thread