It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 09:02 AM   #1
(male)

hojo5353 HB User
Question Help! I can't bend my foot up!

Did some roofing work last night where I was bent down on one knee for well over an hour, on and off. When I was finished, I had a sensation from the knee down like my right leg was asleep (not unusual). Hours later, and still today, I'm unable to point my toes up, or bend my foot up towards me. I have no pain when attempting this. I can bend my foot down fine. It's difficult to walk because my foot just kind *flops when stepping. I suspect it has to do with the muscles in the front of my leg.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 07-17-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Thomas1 HB User
Re: Help! I can't bend my foot up!

Hi

This is a common occurance. I had a cousin who worked in jobs that required him to be bending over a lot and also a lot of time with bent knees.

The problem seems to be with your extensor hallucis longus muscle. this muscle is used for walking and may have become stretched. The best thing to do would be go to a female physio therapist (females are best as they have smoother hands and the experience can be quite arousing, especially when getting work done around the groin area)

she will work out the problem and you should be able to bend over and go on your knees with your work mates in no time.

Lick other muscles, you should just rest it. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread