It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2006, 02:10 AM   #1
(female)

Lejaro HB User
Stretch Mark hell, and body image issues

Hello I'm 18 5'4" and weigh 165. I know. Thats a lot. It took a combination of my imbalanced hormones, the depo shot, and stress thru senior year of highschool to tack on my 30 pounds. I'm slowly losing it now that I'm off depo and not stressing soo much but since I put it on so fast i have horrible stretch marks ALL DOWN MY THIGHS and it gets so bad behind my knees. I have them on my hips, my stomach, my breasts, and under my arms. I'm so self concious about them. I have been using mederma which has made the redness go down some and sometimes make my stomach ones look invisible but Im getting discouraged. Has anyone had such a case of weight gain and stretch marks, then lost it and retained some kind of nice body? Im afraid even if i work my *** off and get the weight off which i plan too anyways, I will have these hidious scars all over my body. I have such a horrible body image as it is and this isnt helping. When I was 130-135 I thought i was HUGE, now looking at pictures of myself I tear up and wish I was that size again...Am I young enough to achieve a body I can be proud of or am I ruined? Any advice and maybe some help for the marks?

Old 08-19-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
(female)

Sun Flower HB User
Re: Stretch Mark hell, and body image issues

Although there are tons of creams and other skin products on the market that claim to eliminate stretch marks, the truth is that most are ineffective and often costly. I think you can't make stretch marks go away entirely without the help of a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. These doctors may use one of many types of treatments, from actual surgery to techniques such as microdermabrasion and laser treatment that can reduce the appearance of stretch marks. But, These techniques are not usually recommended for people in their teen years because they are not finished growing and their stretch marks will probably diminish over time anyway.

But, if you decide for any kind of cream, a vitamin E with collagen cream would be your best choice.

You are very young and I am sure that most of the strech marks you have now, will eventually fade a way a bit. Never think that you can't achieve the body you want, sure you can. Just remember do not try to loose the wieght all at once, do it little by little with a well balanced diet and adecuate exercise.

Sun Flower

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread