It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #1
(male)

CloudUpAhead HB User
Help, PANICING HERE

Hi, well, to give a little info on myself - everytime I feel a pain, I think I'm going to die. Thats me being honest, I try not to but you know.

What doesnt help is I get chest pain and left arm pain almost everyday, I've had an event monitor and am still waiting for the results. Sitting down and looking at my symptoms instead of panicing myself to death, I realise that alot of this chest pain is accompanyed by gurglings in my stomach. Heartburn related symptoms.

However today, for the past couple of ours I've had a real ache down my left arm. I've had these symptoms with me before, and I try and convince myself theres nothing wrong - but you know me, I'm panicing even when trying not to.

But now, I've found a sort of a red mark about an inch across, with a smaller copy underneath, located on the left side of my chest. Just where my heart beats (I'm quite thin so you can see the movement of the skin where my heart is).

I'm now worrying myself again - but I don't have any real gripping chest pain, I have more symptoms such as gurgling in my stomach like heartburn without the pain in the centre of my chest, and no paleness or dizzyness as of yet.

Its gone on about 3 hours and the marks have only just arrived, and theres a slight discomfort rather than pain around the left side of my chest, pain in my arm as I said, more in my left hand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
(female)

beckyb46 HB User
Re: Help, PANICING HERE

Could the event monitor leave a mark and you just now seeing it.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

If you are really worried about it, and it is new pain, you should probably call your doctor. You should check out the anxiety board...there are a bunch of us on there with the same issues. Feel better!

Old 08-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
(male)

Jbudd2012 HB User

Why are you afraid everytime your in pain? What's the cause of that fear? Simple stuff really, have it checked out to determine its nothing, or checked out to see if it is something and take it from there. Hope all turns out well and you investigate the root sources of fear, cause thats the real bugger!

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-29-2006 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Edited to remove signature. Ms_Mod

Old 08-30-2006, 05:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Just wanted to mention to you that the types of symptoms you have could very possibly be related to an issue up in the c spine or upper T spine and not related in any real way to a cardiac issue.the type of actual chest pain you described just doesn't sound quite like cardiac either.too vague? from what you did describe there it would most likely be what you stated,a stomach issue and not heart.

i too wonder why when you feel any pain you feel like you are going to die?thats kind of irrational thinking since we all experience some sort of actual pain of some sort every single day of our lives.to keep worrying about it,well as you can see it can make you a bit crazy.maybe discussing these issues with someone on a more professional level may help you to understand just what made you feel this way with relation to feeling pain.just a thought.

but rest assured,depending on your actual age and any family history,from what you have stated here,i really don't think your heart is in any real imminent danger.hope all goes well for you,and please let us know how you are doing.also speak with your doc about this pain in your arm and possibly the chest pain too as maybe stemming from an issue in the c spine area.could you describe the actual arm pain a bit more clearly?FB

Old 08-31-2006, 06:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

aswander HB Useraswander HB User

Heartburn (GERD) often manifests as pain in the upper arms and back, in addition to the chest. It sounds to me like you need to be on GERD medication. The best way to control GERD is through the use of a PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor). Protons are individual units of acid (bare hydrogen atoms). A PPI reduces the number of protons in your stomach, thereby reducing the amount of acid in your stomach. The less acid in your stomach means the less acid that can escape your stomach into your esophogous. Any GP or PCP can prescribe PPIs. What you want is a maximum strength dose of any of the following:

Nexium (40 mg)
Aciphex (20 mg)
Prevacid (30 mg)
Prescription Prilosec (40 mg)
Zegerid (40 mg)
Protonix (40 mg)

Check your healthplan's formulary to see which PPIs are covered by insurance. Nexium has the best reputation, but a lot of doctors will tell you that they are all about the same.

If you don't respond to one dose of a PPI after a few weeks, you will need to double it and take 2 PPIs per day. But most people with heartburn/GERD will respond to 1 dose.

Check out the acid reflux forum, where all the heartburn and GERD is. You'll see that you are not alone - lots of people have weird pains in their arms.

Closed Thread