It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
(female)

Tammy321 HB User
Unhappy treatment options?????

Hi,

My name is Tammy. I found out a little while ago that I have reversal cervical lordosis. I find this condition to be very dibilitating. I have constant neck spasms that are affecting my ability to due my job (massage therapy). It's seems to be getting worse and worse.

If anyone out there is going through a similar experience, please give me some advice as how to manage/prevent further neck damage. Are there any exercises that I can do to prevent these neck spasms or medications to ease the pain. What should my next step be?

-Tammy

Old 09-01-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
(female)

Ashlyn_82 HB User
Re: treatment options?????

maybe see a doc? i think that would be the best rather than experimenting with exercises which could make it worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2006, 06:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

the reversal itself is very very common in many people and in most,they do not even suffer with any sort of symptoms at all.it is probably something underlying that is actually causing the irritation thats causing the pain and spasms.you are more susceptable to having disc problems due to the loss and should probably have an MRI done to see whats going on at the inner column level.

the type of work you do will place alot of tension and stress on the upper shoulder and the neck muscles.you should be getting the type of therepy you are actually giving.

having the lordosis reversed can make your discs a bit more at risk for possible slippage among other things,even a slight slippage can impinge some of or even one of the nerve roots in the c spine which believe me,can be very very painful.this is why you really do need to get a good look at the nerve roots and this is best done with an MRI.at the very least,it would rule in or out any possible problems in your c spine.if the MRI doesn't actually show anything real significant,then what you are actually experiencing could just be pure muscle inflammation from repeated motion.try using an anti inflammitory type med such as aleeve?this worked really well for my neck crap before i had to have my fusion surgery done on my c spine for a herniated disc,and you only have to take two twice a day.

at the very least,schedule an appt with your primary doc for an eval and ask about what he/she thinks about getting that MRI.good luck and let me know how things go,FB

Old 09-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #4
(female)

trig HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlyn_82
maybe see a doc? i think that would be the best rather than experimenting with exercises which could make it worse.
i agree with you .

Closed Thread