It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
(female)

kimb0091 HB User
Question clear bubble under my tongue?

Hi! I get this on and off, and have no idea what it is or why I get it. Every once in a while, I will get a small, hard, clear bubble on the underside of my tongue. I usually just pop it with a needle (gross, I know, sorry), and it goes away. It's not pusy or anything like that, just very strange. I asked my dentist what it is, and he didn't have a clue. It's always just one, and it always seems to be in the same spot. Anyone else ever get these, or know what they are?

Old 09-10-2006, 05:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Kia3238 HB User
Arrow Re: clear bubble under my tongue?

Yes! I have gotten those too. Seems when there is something small wrong, doctors have no clue. It's nothing to worry about, they just go away. It's one of those things that just happen for no reason

Last edited by Kia3238; 09-10-2006 at 05:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
(female)

kimb0091 HB User
Re: clear bubble under my tongue?

Whew - glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has ever had this. Everyone else who I've mentioned it to has never seen or heard of anything like that before. Yes, it does go away after a day or so. I guess I'm just more curious about it than anything. Take care!

Old 09-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #4
(female)

JulieP3 HB User

I get those too...so weird. Do you guys ever cough like a little ball of something from your tonsil/throat area? I do, and I think thats weird too.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:36 PM   #5
(male)

highroller HB User

You guys rock

I just came on the message boards looking for an answer to this

I was chewing gum for about an hour and when I went to spit it out I noticed a weird bump under my tongue

When I stuck my tongue out in the mirror I noticed it was clear and slightly hard.

I was getting kind of nervous even though it will probably go away in a day or so

Thanks

And coughing up hard stuff, yes it happens to me sometime. It's buildup from your tonsil area and it's perfectly normal

Old 11-21-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
(female)

jogordon HB User

Yep. I get those little bubbles too, and also on the inside of my cheek(s). They are basically blisters. Usually, when I pop them, with my teeth or a needle, they come back right away, so the hole I poke in them has to be big enough to not close back up again and fill back up with fluid. The clear fluid is salty (icky) but probably not any type of infection, as it is clear rather than a whitish color.

They are annoying, but luckily don't happen too often and are pretty harmless.
jo

Old 11-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #7
(female)

skymamma HB User

I get that all the time!!!! its almost like a pimple on your tongue....and it hurts until you pop it (eww) I used to be worried about it until i saw this board! Thanks ladies!!!

Closed Thread