It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 01:59 AM   #1
(female)

nelldance HB User
Angry Strep and mouth ulcers....end of my straw!

I ma 24 years old. I have strep for the third time in 5 months. I have about 12 mouth ulcers. My glands are swollen and my ears have a dull pain. I went to the dr. today and he told me that I should have my tonsils removed if I get strep again. Heck, last year I had it about 4 times as well. with the mouth ulcer outbreaks with it.
What confuses me though is I don't really feel like my throat hurts. Sometimes I get the feleing that i have drainage. No fever, body aches, or any symptoms really, just the ulcers. And then I think well, maybe I have strep, so I go in, and I test positive. That is how it was last time too. Could it be that i never got rid of the strep. Like it just stays with me? I know I have EBV, and I have had mono three times. "weak immune system"...........
Should I have my tonsils out? Do you think I ever got rid of the strep? Is that possible? Just wondering...I'm kinda going nuts, it's driving me crazy!!! haha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Strep and mouth ulcers....end of my straw!

Having your tonsils out usually will help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Strep and mouth ulcers....end of my straw!

Having your tonsils out may help, however, you can get strep in other areas too. If your tonisls remain infected all the time, it is best to have them removed.

It is best to have tonsils removed when there is no flare of infection.

Yes, most likely you were never clear of strep and it has been a long standing infection rather than several infections.

You would be wise to get a second opinion.

Closed Thread