It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
(female)

Dianec53 HB User
Question Zoloft

Hi...I have some questions on Zoloft and could use some feedback. I have been on Zoloft for awhile now...maybe a year or two. I was going through a very stressful time and was put on it to help with my edginess, depression and over whelming factor of just plain stress and unhappiness. Some of my circimstances have not changed. I went for some help in the therapy area for the mental part and I can honestly say now that I feel pretty good, about myself and life in general. But my question is, depending on the correct reason I was put on Zoloft, would I need to remain on it? And what would constitute me having to stay on it? Also, are there any long term side effects with Zoloft? I recently tried stopping the medicine, but I do not like the effect and feelings a person gets when trying to stop taking it. For instance, every once in awhile I may feel a little dizzy or my head will feel a little foggy in my thinking. I know I went through some physical changes when I first started on the anti-depressants, but will I have the same physical problems coming off? I know Zoloft does not have the addiction factors that Xanax, valium or any other tranquilizer would have. But I am just curious. I've talked to my doctor about it but I am not sure I have gotten satisfactory answers to my questions. I'd appreciate any feedback anyone might have. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
(female)

Chrissy0891 HB User
Re: Zoloft

I've been on Zoloft for years now. Some people choose to stay on it if they are actually chronically depressed and can not feel better without them. However, if you believe that you do not have a Serotonin imbalance in the brain that causes chronic depression, then you can talk to your doctor about slowely lowering your dose of Zoloft. Doctors can lower the dose, and then schedule an appointment to see how you feel and continue to lower it if things are going okay for you. You should NEVER stop taking Zoloft without seeing your doctor first. You must be slowly taken off Zoloft or your depression could relapse. Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread