Loss of hearing, wax buildup trapped water
Recently whilst bathing water became trapped in my ear and partially deafened my right ear, I could still hear well though, it was just slightly muffled. After searching for some information on home remedies on google i read about using baby oil, so I put some in my ear... only for my hearing to become virtually completely gone. I have tried flushing my ear with warm water to no avail. I can feel the liquid trapped in there still and suspect this is due to wax buildup, which has trapped the liquid behind it. I have had severe loss of hearing in my right ear for nearly 24 hours now. Mind you I have been putting almond oil in my ears and washing them out with water.
I rang the doctor today and was told to use eardrops (almond oil) for 8 - 10 days, and then they can syringe (irrigate) my ears.
I was just wondering. Is water getting trapped and not going away normal?... what will happen if it's the baby oil I used that is trapped in my ear? Could it cause any problems?
Will i have to put up with this until I get my ears syringed?... its not painful at all but its really annoying, just like when you get water in your ears in the bath or when your swimming... but constantly.
Has anyone else experienced this?