It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2006, 06:39 AM   #1
(female)

justiceanne HB User
Still Confused

Hi I am 31. For a year I was expeirencing more and more dizzy spells. One night at the dinner table I almost fell out of my chair. Finally after going to the doctors, then a neurologist, then finally to a cardiologist, they gave me a tilt table test. It was not fun,needless to say I am on Fludrocort now. I am still a little confused. He said that my resting heart rate was a little high. Something else about when my heart rate increases and then drops suddenly. He said it is not life threating. But I could get hurt if the dizzy spells turn into blackouts, while driving or at the top of the stairs. I am a mom of an 11yr how is that going to worry me alittle. Any suggestions or information about this, Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 09-15-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
(female)

DX- HB User
Re: Still Confused

Still,

Did they give you a name for what the problem is?

It seems to me your best course is to learn to manage the problem... learn to recognize the signs of when your dizzy spells are coming on, much the same way someone would learn to manage migraines. You'll still get them, but if you learn about triggers and signs, then you can manage better.

I'd also suggest you research the drug you are taking to learn more about possible side effects, contraindications, and so forth.

Best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2006, 06:25 AM   #3
(female)

justiceanne HB User

They did not give me a name for it. Thank you so much

Old 09-20-2006, 07:00 AM   #4
(female)

grandkidsrg8 HB User

hi i'm assuming that your doctor has done a thorough blood work-up? I was so dizzy i could barely get off the bed and that's when the dr discovered how severely anemic i was-on the phone he barely took my syptoms seriously-make sure your iron/ferritin and hemoglobin levels were checked. good luck i know what it feels like not to be able to drive for months i wan't allowed behind the wheel...

Closed Thread